MegaBass Ronin Replacement

5 Posts
4 Users
6 Reactions
Blksheepfishing
(@blksheepfishing)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

I currently use the MegaBass Ronin spinning rod for all of my 110 Jerkbait work. It is 6’ - 8” which is a great length to work over the deck of my boat. It is a med-light power with a fast taper and rated for 8 to 20 lb test line. I use this rod only for the 110 jerkbaits and was wondering if there is a “ better” spinning rod that I could use for my jerkbait fishing. For some reason this rod just seems to feel dead in my hands when using it. I want to stick with a spinning rod …..what do you boys have to say??

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Wish I could help, but I am a spinning rod minimalist. Only own two…Jade Python Slant Bridge and the X7 Powerhouse. Neither would be a good fit IMO. Hopefully someone else can chime in on this. 

ReplyQuote
Gaijin
(@gaijin)
Slot Fish Admin

I wish I could help as well but Im not a spinning guy either. lol the only spinning I've owned have been for cover finesse or travel ocean fishing rods... also.. I don't throw 110s.. lol 

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
saoulons
(@saoulons)
Limit Filler Customer

Blaukat keeps harping on the Levante Whipsnake. I’m sure it’s a fine stick but probably same soul as the Ronin.

Megabass X4 Intimidator would be awesome for this (6’8” rated 1/4 oz to 3/4 oz).

Off the Ito trail, the Roman Made Torero is a cool shorter and powerful spinning rod (6’9”, up to 3/4 oz), but has a skinny handle (Takeyama must have small hands).

There may be other options but my knowledge / experience pretty much stops in 2018… lol.

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
saoulons
(@saoulons)
Limit Filler Customer

And if, unlike me, you want to get with the times, MB Valkyrie Medium 6’11” spinning is apparently fantastic for 110s.

Kids these days… lol

Gaijin and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: