Pix and additional info will be posted.

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

That’s a lot of “negatives”…

I’ve got a few of the MAXX models and have been VERY happy with them. First one was the Bishop. I was impressed by the performance, and that led to buying more, even though I had to struggle to ignore the obnoxious big “Maxx“ logo on the side of the real seat. 

Hoping the Anti performs better than anticipated. Please keep us posted. 

dragon1 and BlitzDR reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer

I know your pain 

not to high Jack but I was given an email to a third party person finally send the money and then he asked for more money. He said he was at the post office to ship and had left his wallet. Even if I sent more money he would not have the money. I asked for his whole name …. Nothing 

and he was talking to me on an app google voice. I hope the rod fished better than it looks 

but at least you got the rod 

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Posted by: @rise

That’s a lot of “negatives”…

I’ve got a few of the MAXX models and have been VERY happy with them. First one was the Bishop. I was impressed by the performance, and that led to buying more, even though I had to struggle to ignore the obnoxious big “Maxx“ logo on the side of the real seat. 

Hoping the Anti performs better than anticipated. Please keep us posted. 

I did a bit more research into RAID rods and came away much more relieved.  There are two levels of RAID rods, the "Anti" series, a basic model and the "Gladiator" series, the more "luxury" model.  There's also something else I learned about rod actions but I'm not sure I agree with 100%.  I understand a slow action rod is less sensitive to a fish hitting the bait, the reason for using a softer rod for crankbaits.  Unless I'm missing something, extra-fast tipped rods are a bit softer or noodlely, which is why I prefer a fast action when pitching jigs, fishing worms or finesse baits.  Good tension for bite detection.  Am I missing something?

This goes to the RAID Gladiator series, they are all, except 1, extra-fast action and are designed for finesse worms and jigs.  

Thanks

ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Posted by: @blitzdr

Strike 1 - Made in China

Strike  2 - Blank resembles Gen I Ugly Stick

Ball   1 - Fuji reel seat

Ball   2 - Guides LOOK decent, will investigate further

Not warm and fuzzy about vendor.  Only second transaction with backlash.jp 

Transaction was broken into two parts:

Initial purchase + shipping change

Secondary shipping charge + tube charge + DHL insurance

Pix and additional info will be posted.

UPDATE 1 ... Guides ARE Fuji!  Was able to get a better look on the first sunny day in a week!

UPDATE 2 ... Bought ANOTHER Raid rod - Gladiator Anti  GA-610MC "Joker".  Wanted to try something a bit different for shallow to medium cranks.  Getting rid of my Tatula Sig Elites after good use.

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@blitzdr even though RAID (and many other companies implementing solid tips) will say it’s an extra fast taper, that’s not always the case. This is true, especially with the MAXX and Baltaro Heat. The Bishop…yes, absolutely ex-fast, but many solid tip builds utilize a smoother transition from the solid tip, section into the tubular backbone/midsection. While this slows down that “ex-fast taper…this helps improve/extend the life of the rod, as putting too much stress on that junction between the two sections will cause failure fairly quickly. Many companies have gotten very very good at addressing this issue that plagued many solid tip builds early on. The Gladiator MAXX is definitely more of a multipurpose rod in my hands, even though it states it’s designed for Texas and Jigs. 

dragon1 and BlitzDR reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

2 fish on the new RAID Power Nose - 

First was a little fella about 8", just for luck ...

Second was this guy ... 22"/23" maybe 4 lbs

I DO like the extra fast tip.  I thought it would be noodly.  It was not, very good tension.  I felt a lot of nibbley crappie!

More to follow!

IMG 0982

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  
IMG 1001

IMG 1002
IMG 0999

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Another 14" LMB.  I'm really liking the extra fast taper.  The tension/sensitivity is remarkable.

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

More on the Power Nose.  Upstate SC has been hot and wet for the past month and half, not quite conducive to light baits in the shallow.  I worked a 4" O.S.P DoLive Crawler for a bit and hooked into a channel cat of about 4 lbs.  No aerial acrobatics just bulldogging into the mud and grass.

I'm really liking this rod and my next test will be with light jigs along the brush and limbs.

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@blitzdr outstanding. Sounds like you’ve found a keeper for the arsenal. Appreciate the updates, keep ‘em coming. 🤙🏼

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Posted by: @rise

@blitzdr outstanding. Sounds like you’ve found a keeper for the arsenal. Apple the updates, keep ‘em coming. 🤙🏼

I am liking what all 3 of my RAID sticks but it's not been a good summer for cranks and topwaters so far.  I'm thinking about the Baltoro Heat 2 but not for a couple of months.  I want to see how the current 3 hold up and perform before laying out serious coin.

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@blitzdr absolutely understand. The Gladiators won’t disappoint in my eyes/experience. Pretty much everything RAID does is on the good-great side.

BlitzDR and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: