What do you think should be done?

18 Posts
8 Users
12 Likes
Gswimbait
(@gswimbait)
Limit Filler

Here are some of my thoughts...

As a generally JDM fan base, we need to have Japanese bait makers and Japanese fisherman on the forum as well.  I know the language barrier is the biggest issue. But what would be interesting for many is to have Japanese contributors posting articles and content.  Or people in Japan that have a beat on the market and what's happening fresh out of the frying pan.

Same with other bass fisherman, like Italian, South Africa and Spain.  Because this is a network of enthusiast, we need to reach out across the world to find more nerds like us.

Id also like to see some more on the water footage, Tank testing and bait/ tackle tutorials.  Though the articles that are written here and VERY good.  People have short attention, and they need to see it happen as much as they read it. 

"The things you own, end up owning you." -

HooksAndCaffeine, RISE, Good Times and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Good Times
(@one-love)
Slot Fish

Posted by: @gswimbait

Here are some of my thoughts...

As a generally JDM fan base, we need to have Japanese bait makers and Japanese fisherman on the forum as well.  I know the language barrier is the biggest issue. But what would be interesting for many is to have Japanese contributors posting articles and content.  Or people in Japan that have a beat on the market and what's happening fresh out of the frying pan.

Same with other bass fisherman, like Italian, South Africa and Spain.  Because this is a network of enthusiast, we need to reach out across the world to find more nerds like us.

Id also like to see some more on the water footage, Tank testing and bait/ tackle tutorials.  Though the articles that are written here and VERY good.  People have short attention, and they need to see it happen as much as they read it. 

Good deep thought here. I'm brainstorming, share thoughts as well. I initially figured why not, but then figured what if? I like where you're going here, understand your intent, but what of the obstacle of turning this place into some kind of new product sales release forum? With adds pitching product, 'best' reviews, paid for posts touting items? Not that I'm against new stuff, of course, but pushing the site that direction? Not sure about that. I personally believe most readers would be more interested in honest personal review as compared to makers touting latest and greatest to make a buck. I know I would. Just being honest.

I've also never been sold on tank presentation which is little more than close up manipulation. Ironically, also often shown with intent to make a sale. But to me, to see a bait work, truly work, it has to be shown at distance. A tank can't do that. Looks cool, fun to watch, proves nothing. In my opinion. Perhaps I'm in the minority with this opinion, I really don't know.

However, the tutorial concept seems like a great idea. I love it. Perhaps an internal thread to discuss what might be a good first concept to saturate? I'm having difficulty eyeballing where it might go, problem being there are so many different species out there, different water, etc. But the idea has great potential.

1+2=4 just had a thought, maybe add a forum link in the nature of 'Tell Us How You Caught It' or something like that? Open ended, could lead to considerable input from users over time maybe? Or maybe not, shit I don't know. Just a thought.

Bottom line, in my opinion, no rash moves just yet. But I really like the review idea. Reviews are considerable effort though, take months start to finish. Worth the effort though, on the water footage, LOVE that idea...

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

@gswimbait there ya go....that's some solid input. Love it.

Now...how to put that in motion? I can/will start reaching out to the people I do know out there/overseas and would be grateful if others did the same. This forum has real potential to become something even more special if we all keep spreading the word. Don't get me wrong...I love how small/tight-knit its been thus far, but like you said, lets get that international vibe flowing if possible and add diversity. 

I do have a lot of on the water footage, but it does eat up a good amount of time in editing, etc. I will start adding some in, though...it's very much needed. Thanks for that nudge, bud. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: