Daiwa Limit Breaker - Conjecture

12 Posts
6 Users
17 Reactions
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Now that additional information is available on the Daiwa BlueTooth IMZ Limit Breaker on several JDM vendor sites, what is your best guess or impressions?

Me?  

1.  Bigwater or Saltwater based upon spool size and handle.

2.  Is it even usable outside of Japan?  The USB-C is global BUT I'm not sure about electrical parameters or does it even matter, does the USB-C circumvent that?

3.  People have been using "gray market" appliances for half a century, if not more.

4.  Will you be able to download software and upgrades for the reel?

I don't have any inside dope but I get the feeling this is a beta version of something Daiwa has been working on for years, if not decades BUT now planning has met opportunity and we're on the verge of something BIG!

Oh, why only Japan introduction? 

1.  A consumer base willing to embrace a great leap in tech.

2.  A disciplined demographic that doesn't whine over every setback.

3.  A population that has embraced computerized toilets!

What are your thoughts?

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Oh, yeah ... is there a short-bus, window licking crowd similar to bassboatcentral or bassresource across the Pacific?  #JesThinkinOutLoud  

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch

Personally, I'll pass...the "creators" of this reel are overthinking and disconnecting the human being from the natural feel and groove of connecting with mother nature and the surroundings with natural kinetic energy and mental aptitude...which is the true MAGIC of our pastime and the art of fishing and enjoying the outdoors.

YMMV.

pkn8 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Posted by: @dragon1

Personally, I'll pass...the "creators" of this reel are overthinking and disconnecting the human being from the natural feel and groove of connecting with mother nature and the surroundings with natural kinetic energy and mental aptitude...which is the true MAGIC of our pastime and the art of fishing and enjoying the outdoors.

YMMV.

I learned coding because I wanted to upload all of my idiosyncrosies and head noises into a computer and live forever, and annoy!

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Gaijin
(@gaijin)
Slot Fish Admin

The electronic toilets... Well.. I use them but Im not one to actually turn on the function except for the seat warmer in the winter time. lol

Regarding eh reel.. so I think part of it is information that they are willing to share. When I moved here to Japan 6 months ago I had to down load banking apps and what ever else I needed to do life here. But I couldn't because my phone and iCloud was was set to the states. In order for me to switch over to Japan I had to have a Japanese credit card to make the change. In the end it was just a bunch of hoops but I think that's part of it. Creating an app that will work in all the major languages and also be usable is something else. For work right now I am helping translate some curriculum from English to Japanese. Yes, google translate works but there is always a specific word that works in English that has many different words in Japanese and vice versa. So I share all of that just to say there might be a lot more to it than we initially understand and it could also be their way of doing a soft release to have the locals work out the kinks to then be able to release it to the rest of the world. I can understand companies not wanting to ship the reels over seas because they are a tackle shop and not the geek squad. lol just my thoughts. 

dragon1, BlitzDR and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Posted by: @blitzdr

Now that additional information is available on the Daiwa BlueTooth IMZ Limit Breaker on several JDM vendor sites, what is your best guess or impressions?

Me?  

1.  Bigwater or Saltwater based upon spool size and handle.

2.  Is it even usable outside of Japan?  The USB-C is global BUT I'm not sure about electrical parameters or does it even matter, does the USB-C circumvent that?

3.  People have been using "gray market" appliances for half a century, if not more.

4.  Will you be able to download software and upgrades for the reel?

I don't have any inside dope but I get the feeling this is a beta version of something Daiwa has been working on for years, if not decades BUT now planning has met opportunity and we're on the verge of something BIG!

Oh, why only Japan introduction? 

1.  A consumer base willing to embrace a great leap in tech.

2.  A disciplined demographic that doesn't whine over every setback.

3.  A population that has embraced computerized toilets!

What are your thoughts?

Great topic. I’ll chime in on this tomorrow, long day…I’m beat.

dragon1 and BlitzDR reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Posted by: @dragon1

YMMV.

This among other things…well said, brother, well said. 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@gaijin good stuff.

ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch

In regards to electric toilets...they serve their purpose quite frankly to its creator animal species that must naturally defecate in order to survive.

This said, these thinga-ma-bobs do not typically run out of poop-flushing power in less than an hour nor does it require a digital app in order to properly flush said dropped poopy.

My "Far Side" contribution for da day...

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@dragon1 🤣🤣

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Good Times
(@one-love)
Slot Fish

Electric toilets? It’s obvious the purpose is tracking, not comfort, not usability, not reliability, tracking. Which in this case may or may not serve purpose of maintenance. If it’s digital, tied to an app, and mobile, it’s being tracked. Time of operation, location, which may or may not impact warranty, you are being tracked. I’m done with this one, it can be offered for free I’m not interested.

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer

Posted by: @one-love

Electric toilets? It’s obvious the purpose is tracking, not comfort, not usability, not reliability, tracking. Which in this case may or may not serve purpose of maintenance. If it’s digital, tied to an app, and mobile, it’s being tracked. Time of operation, location, which may or may not impact warranty, you are being tracked. I’m done with this one, it can be offered for free I’m not interested.

"for free, i'm not interested " ha ha ha... 

sadly i feel the same 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: