New JDM Steez A TW HLC 6.3R

6 Posts
3 Users
10 Reactions
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Recently picked up the EVERGREEN PHASE PCSC-70MHR Wild Shooter and rededicated it to larger baits like the Gan Craft 128 and 148, O.S.P. Magnum baits, RAID JAPAN Goriller and the like.  Not really heavy duty stuff just something for extenuating circumstance.  Spooled with 16lb Daiwa Durabra Max.

I was going back and forth with round reel or low profile.  I'm wasn't too impressed with the pickins between price, availability, options were lacking.  I thought about the JDM Abus for a second, then my sanity.  If I were going with swim baits in a bigger way, I may have made a different choice.

Then one of the bass I caught this morning spit up a 3 1/2"- 4" Threadfin shad.  I'll be fine.

Pix to follow!

dragon1, RISE and Good Times reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Picked up a nice LMB of @ 16" ~3lbs or so.

Having problems post a pic but anyway.

The Steez A TW HLC matched with EVERGREEN PHASE PCSC-70MHR Wild Shooter for heavier baits.  Worked exactly as I wanted.

Good Times, dragon1, RISE and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

The LMB is about 16", ~3lbs -- RAIDJAPAN Goriller (shout out to goldrod on the bait recommendation!)

Rod/Reel/Line/Bait choices

IMG 0872

RISE and Aquaftm reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Totally overlooked in previous notes, retrieve ratio!  It's been a long time since I've used a "slow" reel, as in 6.3:1, 28"/turn.  I prefer faster retrieve ratios because it suits my fishing style, reach out and touch for long distance cranking or topwater but close range and personal when pitchin'.

It was totally overlooked because the reel performed flawlessly under load.  The first test was with the sort of oversized RaidJapan "Goriller".  Not quite a 1 1/2oz O.S.P Magnum crank or GanCraft 148 or 178 but that's for future tests.  Sometimes, gears can strain or bind under load without figting a fish, add pressure of a bass that ain't ready for the livewell and it gets hairy.

Again, the pictured fish was only in the 3lb ballpark, we'll see how 5lbers and up play the game.  

I'll keep you posted!

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Outstanding stuff, bud…

ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer

Posted by: @blitzdr

The LMB is about 16", ~3lbs -- RAIDJAPAN Goriller (shout out to goldrod on the bait recommendation!)

Rod/Reel/Line/Bait choices

-- attachment is not available --

Thanks and great catch.. 

ReplyQuote
Share: