Dodged a bullet ... rod not in stock

14 Posts
4 Users
14 Reactions
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

I've been thinking about getting one of the new JDM Steez Real Control 6'8" spinning rods.  I love the RAID Japan spinning rods I have BUT I from a 17' tin rig and I generally fish jigs in the winter and plastics in the other 3 seasons.  I figured I would wait a few days and think it over.  Well, when I went to order it this morning ... 

Good Times reacted
ReplyQuote
Good Times
(@one-love)
Slot Fish

Hmm… that is not what I would call a dodged bullet, but rather shooting yourself in the foot. You clearly want it, or you would not have gone back to buy it. And now you have us wanting photos and review? Nobody wins. Time for an all-out search for that stick. Full report, please. THANK you…

RISE, dragon1 and Kickerfish1 reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Posted by: @one-love

Hmm… that is not what I would call a dodged bullet, but rather shooting yourself in the foot. You clearly want it, or you would not have gone back to buy it. And now you have us wanting photos and review? Nobody wins. Time for an all-out search for that stick. Full report, please. THANK you…

I think I got spooked by a bad review, too.  That's what had me gunshy to begin with.  I think I read something about the rod being overly stiff.

RISE, Good Times and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Posted by: @one-love

season 3 GIF

Kickerfish1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@blitzdr buy and try…it’s the TP way, my friend. We are counting on you. 

Good Times reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Posted by: @rise

I'll do my best!  If I'm fortunate, I'll find a poor house next to a lake! 🤣 

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer

I was on the fence about a rod too good to be true and it was relatively inexpensive and I played around and someone got this one of one.. hurt me til this day but I find solace in knowing that i need to stay off those sights and enjoy what I have but there are still some of those last year list rods I need to get..

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer

you will come upon something thats going to make you for get about it anyways.. 

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Posted by: @blitzdr

Posted by: @rise

I'll do my best!  If I'm fortunate, I'll find a poor house next to a lake! 🤣 

🤣🫡

ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Posted by: @goldrod

you will come upon something thats going to make you for get about it anyways.. 

That’s usually the case. 

ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Posted by: @goldrod

I was on the fence about a rod too good to be true and it was relatively inexpensive and I played around and someone got this one of one.. hurt me til this day but I find solace in knowing that i need to stay off those sights and enjoy what I have but there are still some of those last year list rods I need to get..

Spill it! What rod are talking about? 

ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

I bought a Steez Stratofortress, another stick I'd been eyeing for a while instead.  Crawlers, swimbaits, jigs, 6'8" heavy.  Hopefully, it arrives soon ... 

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@blitzdr outstanding…looking forward to a breakdown on it.

BlitzDR reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Stratofortress arrived today, the once over looks good but will take a detailed look tomorrow and get to fish it next week.

ReplyQuote
Share: