7 Posts
4 Users
10 Reactions
Kietpham
(@kietpham)
Dink Customer
Topic starter  

Greetings! 

Recently bought the new Steez Real S63UL-SV Control and after a month of fully abuse the rod with crazy size bass + trout, I have some info to share for anyone who is looking to buy this rod. 

1. This is a crazy light bass rod (56gr), you will feel everything on your hand even slightest change/ bite/ bottom contact or when the wind is picking up and blow the rod out of your hand lol. With a full tubular blank rather than solid tip, the power of this rod is way too crazy for its class and totally surprise me when fighting a fish, hookset power is definitely a plus but enjoying a fight as an ultra light rod is no so much. 

2. Design is quite disappointed, yet simple and not really catchy for a $700 rod, when comparing to the Racing Design, definitely a downgrade. Again, this is just my honest opinion and can be bias, but I did look for more touchy details for its price range. AGS guides with the new CWS (Carbon Wrap) for the guide rather than using regular material (glue and thread) make the rod lighter a little bit and definitely look more fancy. Personally I am not a fan of AGS guides since they are much easier to break comparing to Titanium/ Sic guides, where mistakes can happen during the trip. 

3. Bending curve is definitely different than most other UL rod on the market. Factory claimed it can handle lure range from 0.45-3.5gr (1/64-1/8oz) but I found out it can easily handle a 7-8gr with ease due to the crisp stiff of the blank. Again, hooking power and making the fish give up is much faster, but enjoying the fight is not so much since its over quite fast with its power lol. 

4. As a multi-species angler in both US and Vietnam, I mainly use this rod for bass, trout, barramundi and bream, where required a powerful rod yet "acceptable" for different variations of techniques, this rod can handle it all. From senko to drop shot, small jerk bait to vibration(everything under 10gr), I am confident to say this rod is really good for a multi-purpose rod. Furthermore if you wonder why I don't use other rod for different techniques mentioned, I mostly fish from bank and walk a lot, so bringing multi rods per trip is a pain lol. 

Here are some recent catches I had last couple weeks, feel free to ask me if you wonder anything.

IMG 0991
IMG 1277
IMG 1051
IMG 1058

IMG 1346

RISE, dragon1 and Good Times reacted
ReplyQuote
Good Times
(@one-love)
Slot Fish

Nice writeup and good quality catches. Very impressive.

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch

Excellent first post, and great job with those catches.  Thank you for sharing!

Also, what reel do you have paired with the your Steez Real Control?

ReplyQuote
Kietpham
(@kietpham)
Dink Customer
Topic starter  

@one-love thank you, I will continue writing to share, been using a bunch of different "high-end" brands and I think most of mine experiences definitely can help out others when they wanna try out more JDM tackle.

Good Times reacted
ReplyQuote
Kietpham
(@kietpham)
Dink Customer
Topic starter  

@dragon1 thanks man, I parted it with the Stella FJ 1000 with full upgrade parts (line roller, spool, drag knob, handle, etc...) so it might look a little different, might gotta share a post about that reel someday soon.

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Great writeup and fish, Kiet. I am thoroughly enjoying my Real Control 73H, but I agree about the price to value/build quality. They should’ve done more for the price tag that’s attached. Just a bit too bland for the money. At least give us a laser engraved butt cap on all models and cork grips on at least one of the spinning rods would be a nice touch IMO. 

I would like to ask which lure you enjoyed using on this rod the most. Also…I know you said it’s quite versatile, but which baits do you feel the rod is best suited for? 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Kietpham
(@kietpham)
Dink Customer
Topic starter  

@rise same thought with the engraved at the butt end also, simple but make it distinct from regular steez rod. I mostly use this for senko and wacky rig since its so light and tipping the tip for action is so easy, but from what I read this rod is best suited for small vibration, hope this help!

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: