8 Posts
4 Users
9 Reactions
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

Whelp, shit happens eh?

One of the screws on this Avail handle was stripped and while trying to remove it, I dropped it into my trash can and it's gonzo. I dug through the trash and couldn't find it and it's not worth it, plus the Phillips slot was stripped.  Also, this Avail knob screw is a larger diameter than a standard Daiwa handle one, FWIW.

Does anyone have a one or a set they would sell me?

IMG 20240116 203403665

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Gaijin
(@gaijin)
Slot Fish Admin

I hate to tell you but I know no abu stuff... I hope someone can chime in for you!

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

@gaijin 

I went through and dug to the bottom of the kitchen trash a second time and found it...sux having to do a National Lampoon scene, lol.  The Phillips head slot is stripped but I got it tightened down enough.

The posts are the same diameter as a Daiwa handle, but the knob screws are larger diameter since the wall thickness of the Avail handle posts are thinner than the Daiwa posts, hence why the Avail screws are slightly bigger diameter.

Anyway, good lesson learned, and now I have to find at least another set of these knob screws.

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  
IMG 20240116 205845321
IMG 20240116 210005439
IMG 20240116 210128600

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Oldschoolbasser
(@oldschoolbasser)
Limit Filler

@dragon1 can the posts be removed? If so,you can get replacement post

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

Posted by: @oldschoolbasser

@dragon1 can the posts be removed? If so,you can get replacement post

Hey Joel, I'm not sure I want to mess with that option, although that did cross my mind.  I'll keep searching for the screws.

Gaijin reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

I think I’ve got you covered, but you’ll have to buy the whole handle from me…and it’s for a Shimano….

Otherwise, I would dremel a slot across it and use a flathead screwdriver to tighten. 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

Posted by: @rise

I think I’ve got you covered, but you’ll have to buy the whole handle from me…and it’s for a Shimano….

Otherwise, I would dremel a slot across it and use a flathead screwdriver to tighten. 

Thanks Greg, I'll try the Dremel trick as I don't want to have a one knobbed Shimano spec'd Avail handle lying around without anyone to dance with.  Lol.

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: