[Solved] Going APE completing the set

20 Posts
4 Users
20 Reactions
Keeping.It.Reel
(@keeping-it-reel)
Schoolie
Topic starter  

Despite the baby puke green of the reel that many find ugly, there is just something about this set of reels from the Daiwa x Bape collaboration that I cannot get enough of. 

I Present to you the pride of my collection my Daiwa 2508 a fishing ape spinning reels. They were a real challenge to track down but sometimes I can't even believe it myself that I have 2!!!! 

I'm currently working on completing the set of lures which shouldn't be the hardest, just a matter of waiting for them to pop up on the market at a reasonable price. Regarding the Dv1 combo and zillion, I've been searching for a while now with no luck 😭  

Why don't I collect the rods as well you might wonder? Simply put they don't fit in my display cabinet 😂

For now, enjoy the pics of my prized babies. I hope to take some better pictures and update this post with them soon. 

SINO reacted
ReplyQuote
Keeping.It.Reel
(@keeping-it-reel)
Schoolie
Topic starter  
IMG 20210804 212732
IMG 20210504 153748
IMG 20210928 215135

ReplyQuote
Good Times
(@one-love)
Slot Fish

Two words... Awesome & man. And damn... So I guess that makes three words. Two, three, what's the difference? Ain't nobody counting. Nice entry by the way. Crème de la Crème and while I rarely use them anymore I have a lifelong affinity for spinners. Elegant, timeless, almost poetic, many anglers simply don't understand the nuance of their use. Very well done.

RISE and Keeping.It.Reel reacted
ReplyQuote
Keeping.It.Reel
(@keeping-it-reel)
Schoolie
Topic starter  

@pimp-mode 

Cheers for the words, had to go big or go home with my first topic 😄 not sure the rest of the collection is to par but I'll be posting it bit by bit.

A lot of people start of on spinners, ill do my best to get them back into them or at least appreciating them for what they are.

SINO, Good Times and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Outstanding, Gabriel. Simply beautiful collection. 

ReplyQuote
Good Times
(@one-love)
Slot Fish

@keeping-it-reel indeed many do, ironic though given use isn't exactly easy. It's my contention some anglers avoid spinners simply because they aren't easy, no matter if they admit it or not. And don't sweat the collection, while I admire your honestly about it, I believe you'll find those 'collection' things tend to grow over time. Your first post is epic, made me smile. I'm certain it make others smile too. Well done.

ReplyQuote
Keeping.It.Reel
(@keeping-it-reel)
Schoolie
Topic starter  

@rise thank you for all the worlds of wisdom and support with my collection 😊

RISEksn reacted
ReplyQuote
Keeping.It.Reel
(@keeping-it-reel)
Schoolie
Topic starter  

@pimp-mode I've heard the argument that spinning reels are much easier. Maybe easier to pick up and go but hard to properly master. 

I have all the time for it to grow. My only concern regarding time is I'm a little late to the party for some reels and they're only going to get harder and more expensive to aquire 🤐 

ReplyQuote
Good Times
(@one-love)
Slot Fish

That's a common theme which I suspect somehow morphed to spinner from spincaster maybe? Or perhaps many use spinners only for vertical jigging? I really don't know. But I do know they in no way are easier to manipulate for accuracy or within adverse condition such as high wind. Not even close and anybody saying otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about. Not easier for general use. As evidence I offer if they were easier then people would use them more for just that reason. But they don't.

I (we) appreciate your feedback and as you've likely surmised the site is in midst of soft opening. Not just new to you, but new to everybody. And I'm glad you're on my side of this topic because I've been fighting this battle for years. And bfs but let's not get into that just yet a whole new can of worms to me. But I wouldn't be too worried about acquisition if I was you. There are Daiwa platform gems out there like R+, Ito, Presso, several variant of Certate and Morethan and others not to mention outside useless brands like Shimano and Abu Garcia. You got all sorts of options. Go for it!!

ReplyQuote
Keeping.It.Reel
(@keeping-it-reel)
Schoolie
Topic starter  

@good-times very much looking forward to the full launch of the site. Im sure these discussions will come up in the near future and I've got your back.

At this moment though I'm very focused on ultralight daiwas from the 2000s onwards. Smaller group somewhat keeps my spending in check 🙈 at least that's how I like to think of it.

RISEksn reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Gabriel…anything new acquired lately? 

ReplyQuote
Keeping.It.Reel
(@keeping-it-reel)
Schoolie
Topic starter  

@rise It's in the mail

coming soon GIF by arielle-m

not quite one of the big ticket items from the set, but brings me closer to completing it. 
Got a zillion ape for me?  😜 

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@keeping-it-reel look forward to seeing what shows up. 

ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Double Digit

WOWZERS...just an epic pair of collectibles! 

Thanks for sharing.

ReplyQuote
Keeping.It.Reel
(@keeping-it-reel)
Schoolie
Topic starter  

@dragon1 cheers, trying to complete the set but its one hell of a mission. 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: