Daiwa Steez EX (USDM)

8 Posts
5 Users
15 Reactions
Blksheepfishing
(@blksheepfishing)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

I'm searching for one of these reels in the left handed 7.1 gear ratio model. I've looked at over seas Ebay and they have no sign of these things. Does anyone have any of these reels? Are they that hard to find?

steezex

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch

Posted by: @blksheepfishing

I'm searching for one of these reels in the left handed 7.1 gear ratio model. I've looked at over seas Ebay and they have no sign of these things. Does anyone have any of these reels? Are they that hard to find?

-- attachment is not available --

These reels aren't necessarily as hard to find as they are difficult to pry out of the hands of those that own them.

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Gaijin
(@gaijin)
Slot Fish Admin

You and me both. I’ve been looking for a lefty for about 3 years with no solid lead. I would like the 7.1 or 7.9 but like @dragon1 said, they are great reels and people don’t wanna let them go. Lol

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

These are well-loved by their owners, yes….tough to find. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for you, though. 

dragon1 and Gaijin reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer

yeah they are.. i have two righties and i had one for sale but the wife tells me i get sad when i think about selling the EX' steez.. just something about it 

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer

Im two weeks ahead on my homework so i will be web surfing cause I am looking for some things too.. i will keep and eye out as well 

RISE, dragon1 and Gaijin reacted
ReplyQuote
Gaijin
(@gaijin)
Slot Fish Admin

I might just grab a IS71 instead… lol 

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch

Funny story...I had an EX with Zillion 7.1 gears that Spankey built..but it wasn't quite right gear feel wise.  I sold it without the handle and spool and still got like $230!  And that was years ago.

I also picked up a fairly clean Steez Limited 105SV that needed a little TLC internally for a great price from a member here...long story short, I ordered Carbontex and Steez EX 7.9 gears and washer drag stack from Greg, slapped on a 100mm ZPI and OG corks, and then sent it to Ian for a full tune and polish...now I'm in this reel more than the new Retail price of a Steez EX when it debut.  Lol.

That's the closest thing I had to an EX, although I did own for a short period of time last year, the IS79 UC, but I just wasn't enamored with the spool and thus sold it.

RISE and Gaijin reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: