Comparable modern reel to OG Zillion Type R

9 Posts
5 Users
13 Reactions
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

Which Daiwa platform today is comparable in terms of durability, robust frame, refinement and performance to that of the OG Zillion Type R.  I would like comparable ~ 32 IPTs and a lighter weight package wouldn't hurt.

TIA.

RISE and Good Times reacted
ReplyQuote
Good Times
(@one-love)
Slot Fish

For real, find a mint Type R because there are none like it. There can't be.

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer

Posted by: @dragon1

Which Daiwa platform today is comparable in terms of durability, robust frame, refinement and performance to that of the OG Zillion Type R.  I would like comparable ~ 32 IPTs and a lighter weight package wouldn't hurt.

TIA.

Back in the day, I had a Type R and a Type R+ ... and 5 Ito 103Ms modded with 6.3:1 rr and ZPI handles.

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer

Posted by: @blitzdr

Posted by: @dragon1

TIA.

Back in the day, I had a Type R and a Type R+ ... and 5 Ito 103Ms modded with 6.3:1 rr and ZPI handles.

Cripes they were great reels!

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

@blitzdr 

Yessir, also I think you are speaking of the TDZ Type R and Type R+, which came in 5.7 RH, and could be upgraded to 6.3.

I'm actually speaking of the Zillion Type R 7.3:1.

RISE and BlitzDR reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

I have a very nice OG Zillion Type R listed for sale on a couple of different fishing forums...and in the event I sell it, I'm kinda wondering what would be a comparable replacement in a modern Daiwa?  Seems as if that may not be really possible?

RISE and BlitzDR reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

Well that Black and Silver beauty sold...I'll have to see if the 2019 Morethan 7.1 will be a worthy replacement over time.  I really need to find a gear ratio in the mid to high 7 range with a 34 mm, and that should about match the 32 IPTs of the Zillion Type R 7.3.

ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

The 19 Morethan is an outstanding reel, but I still own and fish 3 Zilly type Rs…that won’t be replaced. 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer

I would say my zillion Goldrod + p

Ian tuned zillion with type r internals high speed every thing custom piano black paint job. HLC handle PE spool 

crisper than a deep fried critter fritter 

have it on the shelf 

currently I’d have a I say the Morethan and 

Steez HLc 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: