The RAIDs Japan Report

4 Posts
2 Users
8 Reactions
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

I'll be going out tomorrow with only RAIDs rods.  3 casting, 1 spinning.  

Stay tuned sports fans!

RISE, dragon1 and Good Times reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

The new "King Heavy" got most of the attention for 3 reasons:

1.  Just got the boat from the shop.  Fortunately, the the repairs weren't expensive and minimal.

2.  Fall turnover is starting here in the SC Upstate.

3.  I wanted to check the casting swimbaits and pitching jigs.

I understand the design philosophy and how it began, anglers on foot, with multiple purposes for the rods.  The first 25 years of my angling life was as a hiker, until I relocated to SC, my fishing was 50-50, boat and shore.  Even though a boat is 99.9999% is my fishing platform, I always look for dual or more purpose rods for the best bang for my angling buck.

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@blitzdr nice, on the boat repairs! I wasn’t so lucky…boat service and some additives…1k+, but I hadn’t changed the impeller in 2+ years, and if I had the time, I’d do it myself, but…life. 

You are very correct, land of the rising sun builds em as versatile as possible majority of the time for all of the shore bangers. Does make it tough to pick sometimes, but there are significant enough variances to warrant owning way too many rods…

We are looking forward to some details, bud. Hope you get into them. 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Posted by: @rise

@blitzdr nice, on the boat repairs! I wasn’t so lucky…boat service and some additives…1k+, but I hadn’t changed the impeller in 2+ years, and if I had the time, I’d do it myself, but…life. 

You are very correct, land of the rising sun builds em as versatile as possible majority of the time for all of the shore bangers. Does make it tough to pick sometimes, but there are significant enough variances to warrant owning way too many rods…

We are looking forward to some details, bud. Hope you get into them. 

The impeller is what I changed but then I had an issue with my kill switch and my transmission linkage.  Then my ignition switch melted.

Back to Steez HLC, I was casting a RAID G-Dash, about an 1 1/2 oz on the King Heavy, didn't have enough brake.  Then, I tried a 1/2 jig.  Not enough brake.  So, the stock brake is too much braking.  The after market is too little.  That's where the adjustment stands.

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: