New Evergreen Super Stallion GT3RS

6 Posts
3 Users
8 Reactions
saoulons
(@saoulons)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

Evergreen is releasing a new version (yet another) of the infamous Super Stallion in the coming week(s), the GT3 RS version. Is anyone getting this stick?

Does anyone fish the Super Stallion regularly? If so, what version and what do you feel is the best application for it? I used to own an older SS and it was a very cool and versatile rod. But, personally, I just couldn't find a killer application for it and always found myself reaching for other sticks first for bottom contact, cranking, Carolina, flipping, etc. In my stable (pun intended), it had found a home as a larger soft swimbaits rod (e.g., Magdrafts and Citizens) but I also had other sticks to fit that need as well (and sticks that were cooler to me in my mind...).

It is one of those JDM sticks with a pretty wide lure rating (3/8 oz to 3 oz). To me, the SS was of the same ilk as the X4 Destruction, BJ Power Versatile, Evoluzion Mephisto, X7 Amart, etc... Super cool versatile rods but I just couldn't quite pinpoint the killer application for each. I know that I am lumping a lot of different rods into this category and probably not doing each rod true justice. Are these rods more tailored toward the angler who wants 2 to 3 rods to do it all vs. the angler who has 15 rods for different techniques? Not sure.

Curious to hear other people's opinion / experience.

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Kietpham
(@kietpham)
Dink Customer

@saoulons get the Super Stallion RS Limited instead since its cheaper and also equip with full torzite guides. The gtr3s has bigger and less guides in total (10gr lighter) also compare to the RS limited, but since the shortage of Fuji Torzite guide after the pandamic, they replace them with stanless steel and double foot titanium with a higher price, thats my IMO but it might be worth paying a little extra for the M40X tho, good luck with ur choice, im interested in that rod too tbh haha

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
saoulons
(@saoulons)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

Posted by: @kietpham

@saoulons get the Super Stallion RS Limited instead since its cheaper and also equip with full torzite guides. The gtr3s has bigger and less guides in total (10gr lighter) also compare to the RS limited, but since the shortage of Fuji Torzite guide after the pandamic, they replace them with stanless steel and double foot titanium with a higher price, thats my IMO but it might be worth paying a little extra for the M40X tho, good luck with ur choice, im interested in that rod too tbh haha

Thank you! This may call for a side-by-side comparison… lol.

Do you have a sense for its best usage? Such a cool rod… Maybe it will be my dedicated 6” magdraft and Citizens rod.

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

I agree that the SS tournament is not a one trick pony, but I’ve utilized it solely for pitching duties with lighter offerings (jigs, creatures) around moderate to some heavy cover. I own all variants of the SS, but the tournament and GT2 RS get fished the most. GT2 RS gets the trebles and some single hook, yes it does both very well, while the OG is a great Rising Son/similar baits stick. I say you buy and try, then report back to us. 

ReplyQuote
saoulons
(@saoulons)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

@rise

This is the way. GT2 RS vs GT3 RS it is!

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Christian Bale Nodding GIF

Look forward to your thoughts between the two.

ReplyQuote
Share: