Megabass IS71 Hyper Lariat

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Blksheepfishing
(@blksheepfishing)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

Looking to get feed back on this reel from those who have one or have used one. Also what applications did you use this reel for.

D914F285 87ED 448F B5CB C167BFD39A8C

ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

I’m a righty, so 7.3 ad 7.9 are the ones I’ve been able to utilize. 7.1 is one of, if not my favorite ratio. Great balance of torque and speed. Bottom contact, soft plastics and low resistance moving baits are what I’m tossing on that platform/reel. Great spool capacity as well, for up to 16lb (18 if closer range duties are needed) test. I’d recommend flushing and re-oiling the bearings if/when you get one. Braking profile can be a bit “too controlled” at normal settings, so heavier baits and backing off the mag setting helps greatly. I fish many of my IS’s and love em as much, if not more than most modern iterations of Daiwas. MB did a great job tuning/modding them, IMO. 

ReplyQuote
Blksheepfishing
(@blksheepfishing)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

@rise I’m a lefty, and the 7.1 ratio is a big part of my reel arsenal. I’d love to find one if these beauties to add to one of finesse jig rods. Thanks

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@blksheepfishing keep the hunt alive…they pop up from time to time. Look forward to a mail call from ya….🤙🏼

ReplyQuote
Share: