Monoblock with a Morris Graphite Works 7th Fighter

7 Posts
5 Users
18 Reactions
HooksAndCaffeine
(@lue)
Schoolie
Topic starter  

The twin to @rise 's 7th Fighter. Paired also with a modded Monoblock 100XR.

Slightly tip heavy, but feels great together since I am using it with the tip down the majority of the time. It has as a more moderate action but because it is a hybrid of glass and graphite it is powerful and yet still light. I have been using it mainly for swimbaits likes the DRT Tiny Klash and Gan Craft Jointed Claw 178. It feels great for a treble hook baits, but I do plan to use it for some jig fishing to see how it feels in the sensitively department. Overall, it's been a great rod that I love fishing especially since I travel around mainly using public transportation.

KakaoTalk 20211221 235442239
KakaoTalk 20211221 235442239 01
KakaoTalk 20211221 235442239 23

The Monoblock 100XR has been modded with a Millionaire CT drive shaft so that I can fit the SLP Moon Drag and yes it has the clicks, I made sure of that. It also has the cast cap from the Millionaire CT for clearance with the Moon Drag, too. It sports 7.2:1 gears and an 80mm carbon handle from the SLP Works dress kit with the original knobs. I might look for a 1010 spool later on to fish other applications. This is one that I am very happy with the outcome of the mods, I didn't try to change the image of it, just adding my own flare to it.

KakaoTalk 20211222 003011513 02
KakaoTalk 20211222 003011513 03

The only other thing that might change my mind about having the Monoblock on the 7th Fighter, is the Shimano Conquest DC with a heavy Livre Handle for more balance on the rod, hahaha. But, that'll be for another time. 

RISE, Gaijin, Gswimbait and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Kickerfish1
(@kickerfish1)
Limit Filler

🤩 That is one gorgeous combo! 

ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch

I didn't think it was possible to make this 100XR any more aesthetically BADASS.

Superb work,... absolutely gorgeous finished product.  Oh, and rod ain't too shabby either. 😉

ReplyQuote
Polkfish1
(@polkfish1)
Limit Filler Customer

Posted by: @lue

The twin to @rise 's 7th Fighter. Paired also with a modded Monoblock 100XR.

Slightly tip heavy, but feels great together since I am using it with the tip down the majority of the time. It has as a more moderate action but because it is a hybrid of glass and graphite it is powerful and yet still light. I have been using it mainly for swimbaits likes the DRT Tiny Klash and Gan Craft Jointed Claw 178. It feels great for a treble hook baits, but I do plan to use it for some jig fishing to see how it feels in the sensitively department. Overall, it's been a great rod that I love fishing especially since I travel around mainly using public transportation.

KakaoTalk 20211221 235442239
KakaoTalk 20211221 235442239 01
KakaoTalk 20211221 235442239 23

The Monoblock 100XR has been modded with a Millionaire CT drive shaft so that I can fit the SLP Moon Drag and yes it has the clicks, I made sure of that. It also has the cast cap from the Millionaire CT for clearance with the Moon Drag, too. It sports 7.2:1 gears and an 80mm carbon handle from the SLP Works dress kit with the original knobs. I might look for a 1010 spool later on to fish other applications. This is one that I am very happy with the outcome of the mods, I didn't try to change the image of it, just adding my own flare to it.

KakaoTalk 20211222 003011513 02
KakaoTalk 20211222 003011513 03

The only other thing that might change my mind about having the Monoblock on the 7th Fighter, is the Shimano Conquest DC with a heavy Livre Handle for more balance on the rod, hahaha. But, that'll be for another time. 

These are gorgeous rods. I need to double my efforts to try to locate one. I’ve had a preference for the bank in recent years and a travel rod is just the ticket. I’m also a big fan of versatility and if you think it can go from throwing a trebled swimbait to jig, that’s the type of rod I’m favoring these days. Thanks for posting another look at one of these.

ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer

What a gorgeous combo 

The name of the rod is super rad 

ReplyQuote
HooksAndCaffeine
(@lue)
Schoolie
Topic starter  

@goldrod Thank you! The name they gave it is really a good fit for it. 

ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch

Bump...

Any updates on which spool you prefer for your 100XR?

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: