Clear all

Monoblock with a Morris Graphite Works 7th Fighter

6 Posts
5 Users
14 Likes
HooksAndCaffeine
(@lue)
Topic starter  

The twin to @rise 's 7th Fighter. Paired also with a modded Monoblock 100XR.

Slightly tip heavy, but feels great together since I am using it with the tip down the majority of the time. It has as a more moderate action but because it is a hybrid of glass and graphite it is powerful and yet still light. I have been using it mainly for swimbaits likes the DRT Tiny Klash and Gan Craft Jointed Claw 178. It feels great for a treble hook baits, but I do plan to use it for some jig fishing to see how it feels in the sensitively department. Overall, it's been a great rod that I love fishing especially since I travel around mainly using public transportation.

KakaoTalk 20211221 235442239
KakaoTalk 20211221 235442239 01
KakaoTalk 20211221 235442239 23

Β 

The Monoblock 100XR has been modded with a Millionaire CT drive shaft so that I can fit the SLP Moon Drag and yes it has the clicks, I made sure of that. It also has the cast cap from the Millionaire CT for clearance with the Moon Drag, too. It sports 7.2:1 gears and an 80mm carbon handle from the SLP Works dress kit with the original knobs. I might look for a 1010 spool later on to fish other applications. This is one that I am very happy with the outcome of the mods, I didn't try to change the image of it, just adding my own flare to it.

KakaoTalk 20211222 003011513 02
KakaoTalk 20211222 003011513 03

Β 

The only other thing that might change my mind about having the Monoblock on the 7th Fighter, is the Shimano Conquest DC with a heavy Livre Handle for more balance on the rod, hahaha. But, that'll be for another time.Β 

Gswimbait, Like Fisher, Polkfish1 and 3 people reacted
Kickerfish1
(@kickerfish1)

🀩 That is one gorgeous combo! 

ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)

I didn't think it was possible to make this 100XR any more aesthetically BADASS.

Superb work,... absolutely gorgeous finished product.Β  Oh, and rod ain't too shabby either. πŸ˜‰

This post was modified 8 months ago by dragon1
This post was modified 3 months ago by dragon1

ReplyQuote
Polkfish1
(@polkfish1)
Member Customer

Posted by: @lue

The twin to @rise 's 7th Fighter. Paired also with a modded Monoblock 100XR.

Slightly tip heavy, but feels great together since I am using it with the tip down the majority of the time. It has as a more moderate action but because it is a hybrid of glass and graphite it is powerful and yet still light. I have been using it mainly for swimbaits likes the DRT Tiny Klash and Gan Craft Jointed Claw 178. It feels great for a treble hook baits, but I do plan to use it for some jig fishing to see how it feels in the sensitively department. Overall, it's been a great rod that I love fishing especially since I travel around mainly using public transportation.

KakaoTalk 20211221 235442239
KakaoTalk 20211221 235442239 01
KakaoTalk 20211221 235442239 23

Β 

The Monoblock 100XR has been modded with a Millionaire CT drive shaft so that I can fit the SLP Moon Drag and yes it has the clicks, I made sure of that. It also has the cast cap from the Millionaire CT for clearance with the Moon Drag, too. It sports 7.2:1 gears and an 80mm carbon handle from the SLP Works dress kit with the original knobs. I might look for a 1010 spool later on to fish other applications. This is one that I am very happy with the outcome of the mods, I didn't try to change the image of it, just adding my own flare to it.

KakaoTalk 20211222 003011513 02
KakaoTalk 20211222 003011513 03

Β 

The only other thing that might change my mind about having the Monoblock on the 7th Fighter, is the Shimano Conquest DC with a heavy Livre Handle for more balance on the rod, hahaha. But, that'll be for another time.Β 

These are gorgeous rods. I need to double my efforts to try to locate one. I’ve had a preference for the bank in recent years and a travel rod is just the ticket. I’m also a big fan of versatility and if you think it can go from throwing a trebled swimbait to jig, that’s the type of rod I’m favoring these days. Thanks for posting another look at one of these.

This post was modified 8 months ago by Polkfish1

ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Member Customer

What a gorgeous comboΒ 

The name of the rod is super radΒ 

ReplyQuote
HooksAndCaffeine
(@lue)
Topic starter  

@goldrod Thank you! The name they gave it is really a good fit for it.Β