JDM - CON

18 Posts
8 Users
20 Reactions
Blksheepfishing
(@blksheepfishing)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

I am sure that everyone has herd of Comic Con or Toy Con which are simply conventions for comic books and toys where people gather to buy/sell/trade their collectible items.

Why couldn't there be a JDM - CON for people like us who would gather together on a yearly basis at a designated destination to be given the chance to do the same?

This event would allow us to buy/sell/trade (new/used) rods, reels, spools, tuning items, and baits that we all discuss, talk about, and admire. It would allow us to speak in person with fellow members, discuss recent trips, and share JDM technology with one another.

What if.....and why not???  

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Outstanding idea, TBH…I would be game for something like this. More so to meet you guys along with other enthusiasts. Could be something special and I’d be happy to participate/help in some way. 

Love it. 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Blksheepfishing
(@blksheepfishing)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

@rise I think we could make this happen in a very reasonable way. Pick a small venue in a common area where a nice group of our JDM associates would all feel happy to travel to. It could happen at a small hotel conference room allowing us to have a few/several tables to display our goodies that we would be willing to exchange/trade with others. We could announce this event as the "First Annual" JDM - CON.....see how it goes from there. Someone with Graphic design skills could possibly come up with the first/continuous logo for the event....

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@blksheepfishing absolutely love it. I could definitely help with the graphic design, and we have another member here that has a degree in it as well. I can reach out to him. In the meantime, throwing out a few locations would be solid. I’d also like to make sure it’s by a body of water we could possibly get onto and fish. Maybe a small bragging rights tourney that we put our own spin on, in terms of rules/tackle that can be used/etc?….lets get creative with this.

ReplyQuote
Oldschoolbasser
(@oldschoolbasser)
Limit Filler

We'd need a large convention center just for Greg's stuff alone 🤣🤣

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Blksheepfishing
(@blksheepfishing)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

@rise let’s try to get as much feedback from the folks on some general data such as;

1. Time of year to hold the event.

2. State/town where to hold the event that would be beneficial/reasonable to most folks.

The more honest and committed feed back we get the better we could plan.

Again, part of the event would be to include bringing items, baits, gear that we would want to sell or trade to encourage and support the JDM interest with others.

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Posted by: @oldschoolbasser

We'd need a large convention center just for Greg's stuff alone 🤣🤣

LOL….😅🤷🏻‍♂️

ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Posted by: @blksheepfishing

@rise let’s try to get as much feedback from the folks on some general data such as;

1. Time of year to hold the event.

2. State/town where to hold the event that would be beneficial/reasonable to most folks.

The more honest and committed feed back we get the better we could plan.

Again, part of the event would be to include bringing items, baits, gear that we would want to sell or trade to encourage and support the JDM interest with others.

Time of year would be dependent on location, IMO. For example…California/Texas/southern states with start the spawn earlier than others, so just my opinion, but…let’s look at location first and decide time of year afterwards. 

For me, I love pre-spawn or summer patterns for fishing, but a good fall bite would be stellar as well. 

Maybe a hotel that’ll accommodate us using the conference room/auditorium?…that’s close to productive lake/launch ramp? 

ReplyQuote
Blksheepfishing
(@blksheepfishing)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

@rise sounds like a start in the right direction. Let’s see what the boys have to say….

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
saoulons
(@saoulons)
Limit Filler Customer

I love the idea! A bit tough for me to justify a trip like this if it requires getting on a plane (given my young kids), but happy to help make it happen however I can.

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Good Times
(@one-love)
Slot Fish

Hmmm.... Well, great concept. However, odds of pulling it off are long. Many would want to go, myself included, but life is hard. Some will formally back out late, others simply not show, this must be taken into consideration. If deemed 15 heads make it worth the effort, I would advise needing 30 to confirm the event. Just sharing thoughts is all.

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Gaijin
(@gaijin)
Slot Fish Admin

I’d be down. And every 5 years I’ll host it at my house here in Japan. lol 

And seriously I’d be all about it. I’d say we try to do a central location first to try and get as many to join as possible. Once it gets started I’m sure we could move around. I’m also in the Midwest when I’m states side. lol count me in when I’m back. 

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
tilb
 TILB
(@tilb)
Schoolie Customer

I’m in for this. I like the idea of having a body of water near by and swapping gear. For me and im sure for others, a decent time notice is best. I’m in the Midwest but always looking to travel to a new location especially to fish and meet some new faces

RISE and Gaijin reacted
ReplyQuote
KV80
 KV80
(@kv80)
Fingerling

Flights to Vegas at certain times of the year is less and $100. Not a true central location but easily cheapest for all. 

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

I think we could make it happen. Does everyone want to fish as well as geek out on tackle? 

Goldrod, Gaijin and TILB reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: