An odd request

5 Posts
5 Users
13 Likes
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

I’m a member of a JDM FB Sell, Buy, Trade group.  Some guy wanted me to pm my name, date and photo of 5 lures I was selling for $50.00.  It would be “proof” my deal was real, or so he said.

I told him if he didn’t feel comfortable buying from me, don’t buy from me.

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Good Times
(@one-love)
Slot Fish

Posted by: @blitzdr

I’m a member of a JDM FB Sell, Buy, Trade group.  Some guy wanted me to pm my name, date and photo of 5 lures I was selling for $50.00.  It would be “proof” my deal was real, or so he said.

Sounds like that buyer is a headache waiting to happen.

On a personal odd request, I recently responded to trade post (not this forum), high end straight up, but had a few questions since I’d never owned this particular bait. So rather than have my questions answered I receive a ‘highly sought after’ sales pitch with no mention of known weakness I was curious he might acknowledge. Plus, naturally, I get a request to text photos of mine so we could ‘discuss’ if it was a color he would or would not fish. What??? My initial description was clear. Had it interested him all he had to do was say so and I would have been happy to send proof photos. From there he could simply say yes or no. But he didn't, so I gracefully suggested it didn’t seem he was particularly interested and walked away. I’m then told I was the ‘weirdest’ potential trade he ever encountered, that he would never trade sight unseen, not bothering to mention I never once suggested/implied/asked him to do so. I found his insult opposed to I’m the first not to play his sales pitch/window shop game but whatever. Point being if you have doubt, there is no doubt. Block the guy and move on. Not worth the trouble.

dragon1, RISE and BlitzDR reacted
ReplyQuote
Gaijin
(@gaijin)
Slot Fish Admin

I always block after negative encounters. Not worth dealing with them again. 

dragon1, RISE and BlitzDR reacted
ReplyQuote
Gswimbait
(@gswimbait)
Limit Filler

Posted by: @blitzdr

I understand how some guys are a bit hesitant recently especially in the Megabass Buy sell trade group, there has been ALOT of scams happening. 

In fact I had a blowout sale of some MB baits last fall and people kept posting to see if anyone could vouch because they price was so good they thought it was a scam Laughing Out Loud  

I agree with the above, just block or ignore them. They are the kind of people that are difficult to deal with or want to haggle with you.

"The things you own, end up owning you." -

dragon1, Gaijin, BlitzDR and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Posted by: @williamsaa2

I always block after negative encounters. Not worth dealing with them again. 

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

Same here. 

dragon1 and BlitzDR reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: