Zig-Zag Mail Call!!

7 Posts
4 Users
12 Reactions
saoulons
(@saoulons)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

This quirky rod arrived yesterday. Evergreen Kaleido Serpenti Del Gesu. Not exactly sure what I’ll do with a 6’3” Light spinning rod but it’s a cool rod. Maybe it will become my daughter’s rod of choice for 4” perch… 😆 😆 😆 

This rod is super neat as it has the top guides set in a zig-zag pattern, apparently to increase sensitivity. I love unique stuff like this even if it makes no difference and this is an example of why I love JDM tackle.

https://jdmfishing.com/vault/kaleido-serpenti/

IMG 3603
IMG 3597

RISE, dragon1, Good Times and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Good Times
(@one-love)
Slot Fish

@saoulons

I pondered that zigzag concept years back and concluded a few things in case anyone is interested. First, feedback starts at the tip. I think we can all agree on this. Second, the pattern would clearly impart some element of tortional stress upon the blank, thereby resulting in making it more firm. All else equal. Just sharing thoughts is all. Cool stick by the way. Peace

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
saoulons
(@saoulons)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

@one-love 

Totally. Deep down I know that it is gimmicky and probably doesn't make much of a difference but I like the creativity and the idea. If it was such a game changer on sensitivity, they would include the zig-zag pattern on all their rods, not just on the one model... But I'll keep telling myself bedtime stories of how this rod will catch me all sorts of new fish due to the incredible sensitivity of the zig-zag pattern 😊 

Gaijin, RISE, dragon1 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

I dig it, and much like you…I’m a sucker for “different” regardless of effectiveness/gains or reasoning…😅🤷🏻‍♂️

Congrats…fish it…don’t be afraid of short rods. At least that’s what @likefisher tells his wife all the time…

Gaijin and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Good Times
(@one-love)
Slot Fish

Posted by: @rise

Congrats…fish it…don’t be afraid of short rods. At least that’s what @likefisher tells his wife all the time…

LOL

ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch

Posted by: @rise

I dig it, and much like you…I’m a sucker for “different” regardless of effectiveness/gains or reasoning…😅🤷🏻‍♂️

LMMFAO.

ReplyQuote
saoulons
(@saoulons)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

@rise Tru dat!!

ReplyQuote
Share: