Catching Concepts cranks

3 Posts
3 Users
5 Likes
Polkfish1
(@polkfish1)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

If you like to crank it up and you're not familiar with these, I'd suggest checking them out. Made by what I imagine must be a great and powerful man in Westwood, CA. He widdles them from California redwood, so your box takes on the smell of a forest, which is a fantastic bonus.

They have a specific style, but they come in a bunch of sizes from more finesse sized to flat out big cranks that he calls the Super Bee. There is also a variety of bills with anything from circuit board to thicker polycarbonate bills. They come in shallow runners around 4 ft to longer bill, mid depth 6-9 ft runners. These are fish catching magnets and entice strikes from the most weary fish it seems. They also draw out big bites. They are very durable and last forever with some care--drying after use and not leaving in a wet box. They also come in a wide variety of finishes including foil.

These things run true and can be fished like a normal crank or burned fast, and even jerked. I'll sometimes draw out strikes with a pretty fast burn for a crank combined with quick pauses. They get hammered.

As you can see below, I'm developing a bit of a problem. I'm not sitting on a warehouse stockpile, but they do start to multiply after the first few bites you get with them. I get them from Carolina Crankbait company. They have regular drops on their Etsy site and announce them on IG. I'm also liking the idea of supporting an artisan fisherman a bit instead of just always throwing big factory made hard plastics. Don't get me wrong, these won't replace lucky craft and the like for me, but they add a nice wrinkle. 

BC59ED9D FD95 44EE B2CC C3496287DCE3

Kickerfish1, Good Times, RISE and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch

Posted by: @polkfish1

If you like to crank it up and you're not familiar with these, I'd suggest checking them out. Made by what I imagine must be a great and powerful man in Westwood, CA. He widdles them from California redwood, so your box takes on the smell of a forest, which is a fantastic bonus.

They have a specific style, but they come in a bunch of sizes from more finesse sized to flat out big cranks that he calls the Super Bee. There is also a variety of bills with anything from circuit board to thicker polycarbonate bills. They come in shallow runners around 4 ft to longer bill, mid depth 6-9 ft runners. These are fish catching magnets and entice strikes from the most weary fish it seems. They also draw out big bites. They are very durable and last forever with some care--drying after use and not leaving in a wet box. They also come in a wide variety of finishes including foil.

These things run true and can be fished like a normal crank or burned fast, and even jerked. I'll sometimes draw out strikes with a pretty fast burn for a crank combined with quick pauses. They get hammered.

As you can see below, I'm developing a bit of a problem. I'm not sitting on a warehouse stockpile, but they do start to multiply after the first few bites you get with them. I get them from Carolina Crankbait company. They have regular drops on their Etsy site and announce them on IG. I'm also liking the idea of supporting an artisan fisherman a bit instead of just always throwing big factory made hard plastics. Don't get me wrong, these won't replace lucky craft and the like for me, but they add a nice wrinkle. 

I have admired these lures from afar for some time...and everything that I have read about them have indicated they are among the best of the best.

Helluva nice collection you have going, thanks for sharing.

ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Posted by: @polkfish1

Outstanding, indeed. I've got a small lineup of them and I agree, his work sets the bar high. You've got some gems in there. Love it!

ReplyQuote
Share: