Steez A tw HLC

8 Posts
3 Users
6 Likes
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer
Topic starter  

Has anyone else dropped in a zillion iźe PE spool ? 

my thoughts on this reel is still up in the air 

ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer
Topic starter  
F21DCE6C 012F 4A4E BC6E F01A9144DA4A
2D5CB9A7 374E 482D 94D6 6D7CF320DC27

ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

I passed on them, personally. Prefer the 19 Morethan. 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Posted by: @goldrod
F21DCE6C 012F 4A4E BC6E F01A9144DA4A
2D5CB9A7 374E 482D 94D6 6D7CF320DC27

Good lookin reel, regardless.

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer
Topic starter  
IMG 9017

i was NOT feeling this reel. Stock its like a hellcat, better not try taking a corner.. 

Yes it want to launch lures into orbit with its stock spool but for Me it was lacking something. 

I guess that something would be control and range. Range in terms of lure weight and control in terms of bomb cast to pitch punching ( my term .. combination of both techniques on one of the techniques equipment. ) , to precision casting.. 

in all honesty i was thinking about selling this reel until i dropped that IZ'e spool in it..

You can stand off on  a point and i mean stand off of it a great ways and cast or for me if I am going down pads, i can cast parallel to the pads and switch up and cast into the pads or to a target in and around the pads.. With the addition of the IZ'e spool i feel like the lure weight range goes down drastically. 

Perfect reel for c-rigs , swim baits  of course but football jigs from 3/8 and up with the IZe spool , worms, and soft plastics.  I paired this up with NRX 894 rod.. a long rod seems to compliment the jet setting on this reel. just my humble opinion 

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Posted by: @goldrod
IMG 9017

i was NOT feeling this reel. Stock its like a hellcat, better not try taking a corner.. 

Yes it want to launch lures into orbit with its stock spool but for Me it was lacking something. 

I guess that something would be control and range. Range in terms of lure weight and control in terms of bomb cast to pitch punching ( my term .. combination of both techniques on one of the techniques equipment. ) , to precision casting.. 

in all honesty i was thinking about selling this reel until i dropped that IZ'e spool in it..

You can stand off on  a point and i mean stand off of it a great ways and cast or for me if I am going down pads, i can cast parallel to the pads and switch up and cast into the pads or to a target in and around the pads.. With the addition of the IZ'e spool i feel like the lure weight range goes down drastically. 

Perfect reel for c-rigs , swim baits  of course but football jigs from 3/8 and up with the IZe spool , worms, and soft plastics.  I paired this up with NRX 894 rod.. a long rod seems to compliment the jet setting on this reel. just my humble opinion 

Now that's a great breakdown. Well said, and looks like it's now a keeper in the arsenal.

How's it feeling after some time with it? Have you wrenched many fish out of the slop/pads with it yet and if so...is it still feeling like all the internals are aligned and smooth?

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
nwstriper
(@nwstriper)
Fry Customer

New to the site, thanks for the add. I would like to reopen this thread as I am looking for info about the IZ'e spool. I also have the Steez HLC wild child. Need to try and tame the beast or sell it. Thanks

ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer
Topic starter  

The reel has yet to loose its smoothness and i have been contemplating switching it on a rod that i believe its perfect for..  

with the stock spool i turned down on that ccc and that gave me a little be of love withouth sacrifice. i was using heavier lures and so i think for a c-rig it will be great.. 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: