Nail it

5 Posts
4 Users
7 Reactions
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer
Topic starter  

I’ve learned to add the tungsten nails to my soft plastics not necessarily meant to be rigged backwards. z hog and Z craw are such lures that excels with this rig and I find most effective when fishing docks 

RISE and Like Fisher reacted
ReplyQuote
hoohoorjoo
(@hoohoorjoo)
Schoolie Customer

I've been using either galvanized or aluminum trim nails with the heads cut off for years. They work great and are extremely cost effective.

Like Fisher and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Posted by: @hoohoorjoo

I've been using either galvanized or aluminum trim nails with the heads cut off for years. They work great and are extremely cost effective.

For some reason, I’ve read of many people using this/similar alternatives, but I’m yet to try myself. I’m assuming you’ve had solid luck with them staying in place? What are some of your preferred plastics that they are being used with? 

ReplyQuote
BigJoePNW
(@bigjoepnw)
Dink

I'm a big fan of the Zappu nails as well as the screw in models from G7. One thing I can't seem to find is a nail weight that can be used in elaztec material. Every one I've tried seems to push back out due to the materials properties but being they're high float baits, I could see them being amazing for neko rigs or backslide setups.

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
hoohoorjoo
(@hoohoorjoo)
Schoolie Customer

Posted by: @rise
Posted by: @hoohoorjoo

For some reason, I’ve read of many people using this/similar alternatives, but I’m yet to try myself. I’m assuming you’ve had solid luck with them staying in place? What are some of your preferred plastics that they are being used with? 

I use mend-it to close up the hole. A quick heat with a lighter will seal the entry holes as well.

Joel Chin and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: