6 Posts
4 Users
14 Reactions
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

New SS Air… check out the braking system.

https://www.daiwa.com/jp/fishing/item/reel/bait_rl/ss_air_tw/index.html

dragon1, chrisg_sdcf, BlitzDR and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Like Fisher
(@thomasjung)
Record Breaker

Day 1 purchase for me. Haven't been enthused about a new Daiwa product in a minute.

dragon1, chrisg_sdcf and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquaftm
(@aquaftm)
Limit Filler Customer

That is a pretty substantial and incredible redesign. I'm surprised they did not implement this as a new Steez CT variant with it being the flagship. I also wonder if this is a Sawamura design or a product of the Daiwa engineer team. 

dragon1 and Like Fisher reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

@aquaftm that’s a good question. I’m assuming the revision/braking profile is optimized for BFS duties in particular, hence it not being introduced in their top tier offerings….yet? I’m also going to assume something is coming shortly in the way of a revised offering with deeper spool. In the past, Daiwa has been known to be bass-ackwards when it come to their releases, so this isn’t surprising to me. 

Also…as I understand it, Daiwa has let KTF have pretty much full control over R&D when collabing, and will then integrate the designs into their production afterwards. 

dragon1 and Like Fisher reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer

I have seen this reel and plan on getting it. Dont know what i am going to use it for but I am really excited to try it out. There are several things about this reel that speak to me,  but i will find out when i get it in hand.. I was thinking that he light limited spool could fit in it.. but i may be wrong.. 

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

Definitely on the buy and try short list…I’m most excited about tearing it down and tweaking on that braking system. 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: