Jordan Lee signature series

5 Posts
3 Users
2 Reactions
drewbob27
(@drewbob27)
Fry Customer
Topic starter  

Hey everyone. Brand new here. I just picked up a Jordan Lee signature series reel for $75 at my local mom & pop tackle store. Wondering if there are any recommendations for upgrades. Performance and cosmetic. The handle knobs are hideous and I don't know the first thing about performance upgrades. Other than "spend more money and buy a better reel" any help/advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

I’ll agree with you on the handle knobs….not attractive. Good news is that you already have a carbon fiber handle. You’ll need ABU fitment knobs to swap onto it, so I’d look at other ABU reels and see if you find some that tickle your fancy. You can order them separately through ABU USA, I believe. You’ll need pertinent info to do so, such as reel model they are on, etc. There are some aftermarket knobs out there, but they are a little bit more difficult to locate and most likely, you’ll be buying from Japan. As far as any other upgrades, go, I would possibly look into Spool Bearings.

ReplyQuote
drewbob27
(@drewbob27)
Fry Customer
Topic starter  

@rise thank you! Appreciate the info!

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Happy to help. Have fun with it and ask any questions you might have. Welcome aboard, BTW. 

ReplyQuote
Oldschoolbasser
(@oldschoolbasser)
Limit Filler

There should be some EVA options available for that reel if the bearing size is standard Abu. Or you could go with a Daiwa handle/knob combination which would give you more options. I might have a set of Eva knobs laying around that I won't be needing 

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: