9 Posts
5 Users
8 Likes
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

I’ve gotta say that I’ve been very impressed  with the Avail Mag brake kit in my 2500c. Effortless casting performance and outstanding spool control. 4 mags and its sweet spot/range is 1/8-3/8 oz. 1/4oz total weight being my favorite to toss around at the moment.

FE348B6C B5DC 4394 B225 A2CEB258B449
69E75169 E54B 430E 9185 3DFC3021253E

Kickerfish1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer

What a beauty 

ReplyQuote
hoohoorjoo
(@hoohoorjoo)
Schoolie Customer

The 2500 platform, with a little tuning, is still relevant today. I just personally dont care for round reels. With my right shoulder jacked up like it is, the weight bothers me after a little bit. Guess I'm a weight weenie! Wink  

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

@hoohoorjoo couldn't agree more. Even with just the OG centrifugal brakes, these ABU rounders are damn impressive when properly cleaned/tuned. The Avail kit was real eye-opener, though...gotta love it.

ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch

Holy Fucque Greg that is a BEAUT (Clark)!  Did Joel help you with puttin' some of dat classic together?

Joel Chin reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @dragon1

Holy Fucque Greg that is a BEAUT (Clark)!  Did Joel help you with puttin' some of dat classic together?

He sure did. Got me some very hard to source parts. Couldn’t have done it without him. 

Joel Chin and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Oldschoolbasser
(@oldschoolbasser)
Limit Filler

@dragon1 I got him as many parts as I could. While there has been an increase in aftermarket parts,the amount of factory parts is drying up to a trickle. Brake plates,inner bearing plates,and side plates are becoming impossible to find. You end up buying a beater for parts. Fortunately, I have a few left in my stash.

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch

@oldschoolbasser

Thanks for chiming in Joel, great to see you on TP and read a post from you.

Cheers my friend.

Joel Chin reacted
ReplyQuote
Oldschoolbasser
(@oldschoolbasser)
Limit Filler

@dragon1,glad to be able to bring value to the group. I'm always willing to help out on the Ambassadeur front

ReplyQuote
Share: