RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  
IMG 5557
IMG 5554
IMG 5558
IMG 5559

So many items have arrived, that I feel like I’ll never catch up on posting, but here’s a quickie. Had to add another Vagabond. After spending more time with their Jig & Texas Special, I absolutely fell in love with it. Are they ultra lightweight?…No. Semi-micro Torzites?…No. Cutting edge tech integrated into the blank?…No. Obscure?…YES. Are they uniquely styled, YES. Are the rods well-balanced?…YES. Are the builds clean?…YES. Are they made in Japan?…ABSOLUTELY. Not to mention…The Neo-classic design just gets me in the feels and performance-wise, I’ve been so very impressed. It’s good to add this variant to the stable.

Moving along, I’ve always been someone who has collected specific based on certain things, in no particular order:

1. Rarity/Obscurity

2. Personal Preference

3. Sentimental Value 

4. Aesthetics

I rarely follow/get aboard the hype train and tend to look for what really speaks to me.

That said, I’ve often been on the fence when it came to certain items and this reel is a perfect example…

A BNIB 50th Cabelas Zillion.

Absolutely stunning paint that easily rivals the I’ze Factory Metallic Green Personal Orders, but that Cabelas logo on the side was always a bit of a deterrent. I guess, as the years have gone by, the nostalgic aspect of this one has grown on me, not to mention the fact that a fellow tackle junkie was looking to give her a good home, so she was added to the stable. After opening it, I realized that I had waited far too long to add one to the display case. 

Bunch of other stuff came in, but I’m tired of typing 🤣 So, merry belated xmas, happy “new gear” and thanks for lookin. 🤙🏼

IMG 5556
IMG 5560
IMG 5552
IMG 5555
IMG 3973
IMG 3972
IMG 3974
IMG 3970

ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch

Yowza! Love it all man!  I really regret not picking up that Cabela's Green/Gold when they were being clearanced...I decided on the Red Daiwa 50th and the Cabela's Green Gold Fuego 2500 (which I also regrettably sold many years ago in near mint condition) instead.

Thanks for sharing as always, brother.

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

@dragon1 ugh….regret is real, especially when it comes to selling off Tackle that we wish we had later on.

dragon1 and BlitzDR reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer

Posted by: @rise

@dragon1 ugh….regret is real, especially when it comes to selling off Tackle that we wish we had later on.

tell me about it.. sold plenty of tackle for things i thought were going to be better 

turned out to be a shiny coin with no value...lol 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: