5 Posts
3 Users
10 Likes
pkn8
 pkn8
(@pkn8)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Nautilus as I've heard and read so much on this rod. Looking for reviews and opinions on this rod. What does the rod excel at? Is the taper and lure rating true to its listing?

Always learning...

ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

The most sought after P3. Just my take on the rod…Excels at moving baits regardless of many using it for bottom contact. Sensitive enough for bottom contact, but taper isn’t ideal unless your doing battle in close quarters and don’t need a faster taper or a ton of power. Mine are used for bigger square bills and med-deep cranks. Absolutely love the rod, regardless and you won’t regret adding it to the lineup if your looking for something to chuck and wind, with. Line and lure ratings are spot-on, BTW. 

dragon1, Gswimbait and pkn8 reacted
ReplyQuote
pkn8
 pkn8
(@pkn8)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  
Posted by: @rise

The most sought after P3. Just my take on the rod…Excels at moving baits regardless of many using it for bottom contact. Sensitive enough for bottom contact, but taper isn’t ideal unless your doing battle in close quarters and don’t need a faster taper or a ton of power. Mine are used for bigger square bills and med-deep cranks. Absolutely love the rod, regardless and you won’t regret adding it to the lineup if your looking for something to chuck and wind, with. Line and lure ratings are spot-on, BTW. 

I recently picked up a Evergreen Heracles EG Swimming for the purposes you just described. Haven't gotten the chance to fish it yet though.

What intrigues me about the P3 is how people describe the rod to be so versatile. Where you can be chucking a crank with it one minute and then switch over to a bottom contact bait the next. Of course, along with it being so sought after and people stating that it's a rod that has "it".

Always learning...

dragon1 and Gswimbait reacted
ReplyQuote
Like Fisher
(@thomasjung)
Record Breaker

Posted by: @pkn8

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Nautilus as I've heard and read so much on this rod. Looking for reviews and opinions on this rod. What does the rod excel at? Is the taper and lure rating true to its listing?

If I could find one, I'd buy it just to flex that I own one since it's so highly sought after lol. This and the ENW are highly praised P3s. Congrats!

pkn8 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Posted by: @pkn8
Posted by: @rise

I recently picked up a Evergreen Heracles EG Swimming for the purposes you just described. Haven't gotten the chance to fish it yet though.

What intrigues me about the P3 is how people describe the rod to be so versatile. Where you can be chucking a crank with it one minute and then switch over to a bottom contact bait the next. Of course, along with it being so sought after and people stating that it's a rod that has "it".

Not saying you can't do that with the Nautilus, but it's more about the length that allows it to get away with some bottom contact duties, vs. the taper or power, IMHO. Rods I'd say better fit the bill as true chameleons would be X7 Extreme Mission and EG Kaleido TKIC Super Stallion. Both can handle a multitude of things far better than the Nautilus, but that's just my 2 cents and the beauty of this whole thing we call fishing...it's all about what lines up best with your style or preferences. I definitely urge you to try different things and get outside your comfort zone a bit. You'll be surprised, as things aren't always what they seem. Have fun with it, regardless...you'll dig that stick.

Wink  

dragon1 and pkn8 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: