4 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
pkn8
 pkn8
(@pkn8)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

Been looking at the EG Grand Cobra and Super Stallion (Specifically TKIC BK models). From reading, it looks like the SS is an excellent "do everything rod". Would the Grand Cobra just be a shorter version of it?

Always learning...

ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

The TKIC SS is definitely one of the most versatile sticks around. Surprisingly light for its stature with great sensitivity. It's worth mentioning that the TKLC version is also incredible. That said...the GC is more powerful, partly due to its shorter length/blank manufacturing techniques and I'm much more comfy utilizing the GC to toss heavier baits than the SS. Tapers are different as well, with GC being a bit slower. I personally prefer the sensitivity of the SS's blank over the GC's and wouldn't be tossing baits in need of detecting light bites with the GC, unless I had no other options on hand. Both are outstanding sticks, but both serve different purposes for me. If you're looking for a jack of all trades and are wanting toss everything from swimmers to some bottom contact, the SS wins out. 

pkn8 reacted
ReplyQuote
pkn8
 pkn8
(@pkn8)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

@rise Have you been able to fish the OCSC - The Black Rose? Is it similar to the SS?

Always learning...

ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@pkn8 I have not. A bit of contempt prior to investigation going on with the Orion lineup for me. I’m not seeing what I’d like/expect for the asking price, but I’ll most likely break down and try one or two in the near future. The Black Rose and The Throne have raised my eyebrows, but even with trickle-down tech, I can’t see the Black Rose justifying its cost, when I could source a minty SS on the second hand market for much less, if needed. Just my two cents, though. 

pkn8 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: