Daiwa Steez Badger

5 Posts
3 Users
8 Reactions
Birdman2136
(@birdman2136)
Fingerling Customer
Topic starter  

Reaching out to see if anyone has any experience with the Daiwa Steez Badger 68MH SV?

I am wanting to dip my toes into the JDM Steez lineup. Based on what I've been able to dig up myself from the Daiwa website and one JDM friend I think it would fit my style of fishing.

TIA

Goldrod and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Good Times
(@one-love)
Slot Fish

Can’t imagine any Daiwa with the name ‘Steez’ not being suitable for pretty much anything. Fishing, displaying, hoarding, hiding, holding, staring at, bragging about, the list is endless. Yes, you should buy it.

Goldrod reacted
ReplyQuote
Birdman2136
(@birdman2136)
Fingerling Customer
Topic starter  

Posted by: @one-love

Can’t imagine any Daiwa with the name ‘Steez’ not being suitable for pretty much anything. Fishing, displaying, hoarding, hiding, holding, staring at, bragging about, the list is endless. Yes, you should buy it.

I like that response 🤩 

I am pretty new to the JDM rod buying world and find myself spinning in circles at times, but I just keep coming back to this model of the Steez line up.

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Welcome to the darkside...rare and obscure rods are my primary drug of choice, so-to-speak.  There are plenty of outstanding sticks out there and I highly recommend the "buy & try" method. In all honesty, throughout my years of doing so, I have been "seriously disappointed" fewer times than I can count on one hand. BUT...I need to mention that this has been primarily due to the fact that if I was disappointed with any given rod, due to preconceived notions, I've always tried it out for other techniques outside the suggested ones. I'll just say that I'm almost always pleasantly surprised with what happens. In other words, buy it. If it doesn't shine where you hoped it would, don't be afraid to try it out with other techniques. You may very well find it excels somewhere else in your lineup...possibly even sidelining another rod you've using for some time. Just my 2 cents, though. 

ReplyQuote
Birdman2136
(@birdman2136)
Fingerling Customer
Topic starter  

Late in coming back here. Thanks for the response Rise, you sound a lot like the guy who guided me into the JDM abyss. 

I need to remind myself to keep an open mind with my JDM purchases. 

Take care

Good Times reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: