YT Fusion Hyper HC + Bearings

6 Posts
2 Users
3 Reactions
Blksheepfishing
(@blksheepfishing)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

Looking to improve my Daiwa reel performance. My fishing tournament arsenal consists primarily of the 2016 Zillion SV TW and 2017 Steez A TW reels. According to the size chart on this website the proper spool bearing size for these would be the 1030 & 1030 combo. 

What would be the bearing sizes for the knobs and do you have these available?

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

1030/1030 is correct, but unfortunately I do not have knob bearings from YT available. A good flush and re-oil with a mid weight oil would do very well with stock bearings, though. 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Blksheepfishing
(@blksheepfishing)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

@rise do you recommend a specific oil to be used with YT bearings?

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@blksheepfishing for the spool bearings, I use my own mix, but I can honestly say I’m a fan of Daiwas Blue oil for general use, or Glitch. Both are great. I have recently started using/testing the Deuthlon oil and I’m VERY impressed as well, but it’s a touch on the heavier side of mid weight and I am wanting to give it a year before I really know what it’s capable of/how it holds up. So far…excellent. Side Note: Their grease is exceptional, though. I’m really loving it for gears, drag, etc. For BFS, I still use Alchemy Light.

ReplyQuote
Blksheepfishing
(@blksheepfishing)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

@rise You mention the Glitch oils. They have a few low viscosity oils such as;

Glitch Oil Creep = ultra low viscosity or the Glitch oil tumble weed = low viscosity.

I would think that these would be a good usable product for the YT bearings...

ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Many of the glitch oils would be suitable…just depends on application. My choice out of the two you listed would be tumble weed, unless you’re getting into BFS apps. 

Also, let me clarify something with the Deuthlon oil…it’s been abnormally cold here for much longer than usual, so I’m waiting on warmer weather for a final verdict. The dust and aqua shield are really appealing/intriguing and I’m hoping the claims about it running cleaner are true. We shall see, but for general purpose…this might be the one for me if it keeps performing the way it has so far. 

ReplyQuote
Share: