6 Posts
5 Users
12 Reactions
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

From a little-known or talked about brand, ISM (Infinite Seeds Makers)…7 top of the line “Infinite Blade” models were gifted to me for evaluation, input and write ups, including (5) 2-piece models and (2) of the one-piece/removable handle models. This small passion-driven company produces rods, some unique high quality baits and other items. Honestly, these rods, at their price point(s) (32-50k JPY depending on model) look to be WELL worth their asking price. 

Right off the bat, doing some test casting/fishing at the local pond, I can say that they (the one piece models) feel at least on par with the likes of the Megabass P3-P5 series, Tiemco Golden Wing and Smith Tourlier V-Specs, but more time with them will paint a much clearer picture.  

Without getting too deep into it, I will say the one piece models are a bit nicer in terms of aesthetics and overall fit/finish vs the 2-pieces versions. For example…High quality tapered cork with typical filler on the one piece vs Eva on the two piece and other numerous differences that I’ll break down in the article. 

I’ll be spending plenty of quality time with them on the water soon, but here are some shots in the meantime.

IMG 3874
IMG 3867
IMG 3868
IMG 3869
IMG 3873
IMG 3871
IMG 3866

Kickerfish1, Gaijin, Polkfish1 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer

thats good to know.. i have been eyeing them but went with two more EG rods recently

still i will probably be in the market for something different soon enough

Kickerfish1, dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Gaijin
(@gaijin)
Slot Fish Admin

Keep me posted. You know I’m always down to buy more stuff I don’t need. Lol 

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
pkn8
 pkn8
(@pkn8)
Limit Filler Customer

Posted by: @gaijin

Keep me posted. You know I’m always down to buy more stuff I don’t need. Lol 

+1 to this for sure

Always learning...

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Kickerfish1
(@kickerfish1)
Limit Filler

Looking forward to that long winded write up of yours homie. You know the good juicy stuff that we all want to hear. Glad these fell into your hands for testing as many of us value your input and feedback.

As far as the blank goes can you give much info? Materials, tonnage, raw vs finished, tapers and such?

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

Impressed with the two piece offerings. Got to spend some time in Oregon with them and they honestly did not disappoint. The 66 ML/M was darn good at tossing a MB 110+1. Taper, power and sensitivity were excellent for this price point. 
Caught a bunch of dinks and nothing better than 2.5 lbs for the day…but it was fun to fish with a modded Steez SVTW aboard.

Also spent time with the 610MH-H and 70H-XH and will write em up soon.

Got a bunch of new articles almost ready to publish on the main site, as well.

IMG 4457

ReplyQuote
Share: