24 Posts
7 Users
31 Likes
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

Any plans to fish new bodies of water or revisit favorites this year/coming years, guys? 

Looks like I’ll be heading up north to Washington for some tank Smallmouth middle/late May, then Oregon on the way back to Cali where I’ll stop at the Delta before heading home. Then back up to CDA in the heat of summer if all goes well.

Aside from that…Florida, Australia and the Amazon for big Peas are on the short list for the next two years. 

What are some of your dream spots/bucket list locations to hit? 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquaftm
(@aquaftm)
Limit Filler Customer

I'm spending a week in Montana for my daughters wedding. This being one of the reasons I stepped up my trout game. Also plan on making multiple visits to the Western NC (live in Raleigh) to chase more trout. Other than that, just the annual trip to FL to see my family on the SW coast and chase Redfish/Snook/Tarpon. 

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer

Where do you go to vacation when you live every day in Paradise?

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

@aquaftm sounds incredible. I’ve purposely stayed away from that level of BFS out of shear fear of diving way too deep into another facet of this. But seeing some of yours and other peoples gear, along with the incredible scenery/locations there are to fish…I may have to crumble and grab a few setups to try out. 

Hoping you have a great time, and would love to see some pics of time spent out there. 🤙🏼

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

@blitzdr….so no other place you’d like to travel to/fish?

So many great bodies of water out there and so little time…

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Kickerfish1
(@kickerfish1)
Limit Filler

Northern MN about 20 minutes from the Canada border this June for a week. Should be a solid time 

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

@kickerfish1…good stuff….whatcha targeting while there?

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
pkn8
 pkn8
(@pkn8)
Limit Filler Customer

If I could, I'd be at Lake Texoma chasing striper again. The lake absolutely threw a curveball my first time out there. Might be able to make it up though by heading to GA in the spring to visit some family and do some fishing at Lake Lanier and Lake Hartwell. At this point though, I'd be happy tossing a worm for some bluegill. This brutal winter here in Colorado is heating up my cabin fever.

Always learning...

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer

Posted by: @rise

@blitzdr….so no other place you’d like to travel to/fish?

So many great bodies of water out there and so little time…

There's a slim possiblity of a trip to NJ but it would be a TRULY slim possibility.  In the immortal words of Sgt Hulka, "I'm gettin' too old for this shit!"

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Kickerfish1
(@kickerfish1)
Limit Filler

@rise  I am mainly targeting brown bass. However the lake boasts a good population of chunky trophy pike and a larger than average walleye size. Due to the water ways that flow into the lake, anglers have also caught sturgeon, lake trout and salmon. Any of these three would be extremely rare and a fluke catch no doubt.

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

Sounds like a multi species orgy over there…good times. Just don’t throw any baits you highly value with to the critters swimmin around over there. Look forward to some pics, brother. 🤙🏼

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

@blitzdr 😆….make it happen, bud. Our time here is too short. I’m sure the experience/memories would be worth the effort. 

Can I ask what your regular/home Lake is? 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer

@blitzdr 😆….make it happen, bud. Our time here is too short. I’m sure the experience/memories would be worth the effort. 

When I lived in NJ, the "big one" was Lake Hopatcong for open horsepower but generally just little ponds.  Now in SC, it's Lake Robinson in Greer.  I like it got some nice fish bass in it and beautiful scenery around it.

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer

after much procrastination i am getting a civilan passport this month and I plan to go somewhere with the wife. We have not settled on a destination but i am learning my wife all over again after life in the military and life with kids.. Since we are empty nesters we havent gone anywhere and Lord willing I need to get this off the list soonest. I am thinking Dominica 

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @blitzdr

When I lived in NJ, the "big one" was Lake Hopatcong for open horsepower but generally just little ponds.  Now in SC, it's Lake Robinson in Greer.  I like it got some nice fish bass in it and beautiful scenery around it.

Would love to see some pics. 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: