10 Posts
5 Users
9 Reactions
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

Who's got one and has spent time with it on the water. My brand new "old stock" has been sitting on the rack, screaming for some water time along with the OPUS-1 Limited. Would love to hear some thoughts on it, what it excels at, etc. 

EG opus one on jade python 1

EG opus 1 front shot on jade python

ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch

JEEZUS...DREAM COMBO!!!  Can't wait to read some input.

ReplyQuote
tilb
 TILB
(@tilb)
Schoolie Customer

I had the opportunity to pick one of these up locally and felt I couldn’t pass up this unique rod. Looking for feedback from those that have had experience with it and thought I would add to this thread. From the feel of it I think it will fill my needs for jig head rigs and drop shots   

IMG 2221

Gaijin and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Gaijin
(@gaijin)
Slot Fish Admin

@tilb I have never owned that one but I do have a few slant bridges. Fishing with a slant bridges is like driving a classic car. It feels raw and communicates well, and you know you have a piece of history in your hands. 

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

And she’s clean, too…

Congrats on that legendary addition, bud. I’ve since spent some time with mine. It’s got some great power in that lower 1/3-1/2 of the blank, but my only “wish” is that it had a hair softer tip section. That said, I’m really not complaining, as it’s a blast to fish with…just a little different at first. You’ll get used to it quickly, I hope. A truly special stick IMO. 

If not, send her my way…😉

Drop shots, wacky, bigger nekos, and some underspins have all been fun on it. Jigheads will be well within its comfort zone. Report back! 🤙🏼

ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

@gaijin great analogy.

Gaijin reacted
ReplyQuote
tilb
 TILB
(@tilb)
Schoolie Customer

@gaijin which models do you have ? I agree with your description, this rod feels special for sure

Gaijin reacted
ReplyQuote
tilb
 TILB
(@tilb)
Schoolie Customer

@rise thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I'll have to wait for the winter months to pass to get some solid time on the water but will definitely report back. Until then I will be working on a few reel builds that I plan on sharing soon 👍

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin
Topic starter  

@tilb can’t wait to see what you’ve got brewin. Post pics asap, brother. 🤙🏼

ReplyQuote
KV80
 KV80
(@kv80)
Fingerling

Only used mine a few times before selling the setup. Mostly tubes for smallies. The power is welcomed when the smallies dart to the currents. Like most OG MB rods it's on the heavy side and the blanks are slower. I wouldn't call this rod finesse at all, my opinion. 

20240203 210422

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: