6 Posts
3 Users
8 Likes
pkn8
 pkn8
(@pkn8)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

Paypal only. Add G&S fees to payment or do FF.

DG7 DLR-67MHRST4S LTD EVA - 9/10 $680
This rod has the highest level blank that Designo produces, level 7 blanks aka DG7. Made as a limited time run for their 10 anniversary. This rod’s lure rating is 3/16-3/4 and is stated to be a MH but personally I believe it’s more of a M/ML. VERY Sensitive rod for bottom contact. Has a great taper from solid tip to backbone and is a XF action rod.

DG6 DLT-71H+R2S EVA - 8/10 $370
An excellent all around rod that does everything. Rated to 4oz max, it can handle 5/8 with no problem. Meant to be for heavier moving baits with a “2S” rating which is still fast but has a more subtle bend to it through the blank allowing for great absorption when fighting a fish. Although it’s mainly meant for moving baits I also threw bottom contact on it and it did VERY well with those applications.

DG6 DLT-611MH+R2S EVA - 8/10 $370
This rod I would consider the little brother to the 71H+. Rated up to 2oz, anything in between does a great job. Although I wouldn’t actually throw anything 2oz on it, I would say it maxes out at 1.5oz with lob casts. I mainly used this as my big fluke/jerkbait rod (7” and 1oz) as the length aided in working the lure with comfort.

DG6 DL-C611HRST2S EVA - 9/10 $430
Not to be confused with the model above, this model is also rated to 2oz but it has a solid tip that transitions into a stouter backbone. If I wanted to throw a 4” swimbait with a jig head or weedless hook this was my rod. The stinger tip allowed for me to cast with ease but when I had a bite I could set the hook home and not worry about losing the fish. The transition from stinger tip to backbone is very “smooth” and is NOT like going from a wet noodle to pool stick.

DG6 DL-C71M H+RST2S CORK - 9/10 $430
What I would consider to be THE chatterbait/spinnerbait rod in their line up. A much softer taper that has a stinger tip. As you wind in your bait you can feel the vibration of the blades but since it has a bend at the top you aren’t shaking your arm off. The bend allows for you to fish with forgiveness in case you set the hook too hard, the taper absorbs it and won’t pull the hook out of the fishes mouth.

UNLIMITED RODS (Made with Designo Blanks)
ULRC-731H+/PS-HD EVA "Punchshot HD"- 8/10 $310
Created by Jun Shoji of Dream Express Lures to punch the mats of Lake Biwa. This is built on the DG6 blanks from Designo with a very sleek design. Rated at 1oz but can still very much so throw a 1oz weight plus plastic. Soft enough to play a fish in cover but sturdy enough to smash a EWG hookset through thick mats. This rod can do normal bottom contact extremely well too.

ULRC-74H+/TT EVA "Treasure Trap" - 9/10 $350
Designed as a A-Rig rod meant to fish the "Treasure Trap" A-Rig Jun Shoji created. Very comfortable casting as the rod loads up nicely on cast. When reeling in it doesn’t feel like you’ve got a giant wet sock on the end of your line either. You can feel the blades spinning and the rod loads up nicely on retrieve so the A-Rig can do it’s job. Although it’s rated up to 1oz this rod can DEFINITELY throw up to 2oz. Jun Shoji has stated that he feels comfortable throwing big swimbaits on it too. I threw mainly A-Rigs on this but from time to time I did toss a 6” magdraft on it and there was 0 issue with casting or landing the fish.

DESIGNO WRAITH
DG6+ LW-C70MH+RST4S "FOXY" EVA - 8/10 $450
Built on the latest DG6+ tech that Designo made these last few years with the purpose of being an all around line up. Not too “finesse” but not too “heavy”. I took used this rod as my “do everything rod” when I could only bring one. The stinger tip allowed me to throw lures from a large 1.5oz top water lure with trebles to a 3/4 fluke with an EWG without compromising the way I fished. I could horse in a fish if necessary and the rod would load up beautifully. Or I could play a fish and the rod would absorb head shakes and dives. This would be my “1 rod stuck on an island rod”.

DG6+ LW-C70XHRX4S "ILLEST" EVA - 9/10 $500
Built on the latest DG6+ tech that Designo made these last few years with the purpose of being an all around line up. Not too “finesse” but not too “heavy”. This rod is SLIGHTLY similar to the 71H+ rod but has a much faster taper to it. Once again, although the rod is rated up to 4oz, it could easily handle a smaller lure like the sleeper gill or cover scat. VERY sensitive rod with a wide lure range.

GRAPHITELEADER OLYMPIC
VIGORE 20GVIGC-71H CORK/EVA - 8/10 $300
In house built blanks in Japan with Torzite guides. Meant to be their jig and bottom contact rod in this line up. Faster style taper than what is often considered “fast” in Japan that matches the US style of jig fishing. Fantastic sensitivity for its application. You hardly see this rod pop up at all.

Always learning...

RISE, dragon1 and Gaijin reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

The post that broke my heart….

Some truly amazing rods on this list. Killin me..😓

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer

could you please send me some picutres to my cell? 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer

Posted by: @goldrod

could you please send me some picutres to my cell? 

nevermind Ill pm you after i look these up

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
pkn8
 pkn8
(@pkn8)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

Price reductions with some explanations.

Always learning...

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Great idea adding that info to each model. People just don’t know enough about these beloved Designos. The more details, the better. Outstanding sticks, solid pricing and a great seller. Buy with confidence!!!

ReplyQuote
Share: