Spinnerbait moving power tech line

7 Posts
5 Users
4 Reactions
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

After using PLine 12lb CXX for near all my spinnerbaits up to 1oz for the last two decades +, I'm still trying to justify whether a 16-18 lb Sniper or Shooter or other fluoro is worth the upgrade?  Perhaps for plastics and jigs, but even then I usually have braid to fluoro leader tied on.

Anyone have a favorite power moving tech line for bigger 1/2 - 1 spinnerbaits?

ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Although I use flouro for mentioned apps and when it comes to line, I stick with what works for as long as I can. 

I say…if your happy with the CXX…don’t stop using it. “If it ain’t broke….”

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
hoohoorjoo
(@hoohoorjoo)
Schoolie Customer

CXX in15# and 17# has been my staple for spinnerbaits, buzzbaits and swimjigs for 25+ years. That stuff is dang near impossible to break!

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

@hoohoorjoo 

Absolutely...and bulk spools are still very reasonable and give me about 2 seasons of filling up a half dozen reels.  I use 17lb CXX quite a bit for Swimbaits up to 3 oz or so.

I may have to add the 15 for jigs and a bit more power with the 1.25 oz wired baits.

ReplyQuote
Kickerfish1
(@kickerfish1)
Limit Filler

I like mono or copoly for spinnerbaits. Anything 12-15# does the trick. I really feel like floro offers very little here except a touch more feel and perhaps the ability of the spinnerbait to get a little deeper quicker. But most of spinnerbait use is under 8 foot of water around sparse weeds, rock, and wood. To summarize I wouldn’t go out of my way to respool a reel with higher end floro for this app only unless I planned on said outfit also doing some bottom contacts apps

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

@kickerfish1 

Agreed...I have spools with 14-16 Shooter and Sniper, and have dropped them in for some spinnerbait duties.  I felt, saw, noticed no discernable advantages over CXX on the water.

ReplyQuote
Good Times
(@one-love)
Slot Fish

Posted by: @dragon1

After using PLine 12lb CXX for near all my spinnerbaits up to 1oz for the last two decades +, I'm still trying to justify whether a 16-18 lb Sniper or Shooter or other fluoro is worth the upgrade?  Perhaps for plastics and jigs, but even then I usually have braid to fluoro leader tied on.

Anyone have a favorite power moving tech line for bigger 1/2 - 1 spinnerbaits?

I'm with others, provided braided main as you state, you can run pretty much any line type leader and have guts to sink single points. Personally, I'd up test to 15lb for 1oz spinners to protect the leader though. Braid impact forces a lot of stretch to leaders. And, by extension, the knots on either end.

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: