Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer
Topic starter  

B37AC258 CFF0 40FB A62A C1A1AE0CAB40
F7FE9971 8929 4D95 BE33 5A62D24A272D
00E0BC4B 4FE7 43EA 8D8C 9B33A74BB604
ED9BF48D 12A2 4189 A9B9 94568AE77874

I am looking for a EWG LIGHT wire hook to use with my modded airy red and super eiger combo. I’m using braid to leader 

ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer

I like the Gamakastu Finesse hooks 1/0, 3/0, 4/0 for light plastics worms, grubs, flukes style and spider grubs.

ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Gotta admit, I'm still a Gammy-user for light wire EWG. Owner for most everything else, with a dash of others mixed in here and there. 

ReplyQuote
Gaijin
(@gaijin)
Slot Fish Admin

Decoy all the way. Decoy is made in Japan with very high standards. Sadly the other JDM companies now outsource to China and other countries and they no longer hold the same standard and aren’t as high quality anymore in my opinion. I learned that lesson the hard way at the World Black Bass Championships. Lost a 8lber to a snapped drop shot Gama hook. 

ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@gaijin decoy makes some nice heavier app hooks…been happy with their stuff, but I’ve yet to give their light wires a test drive. One for the short list.

ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer

Posted by: @gaijin

Decoy all the way. Decoy is made in Japan with very high standards. Sadly the other JDM companies now outsource to China and other countries and they no longer hold the same standard and aren’t as high quality anymore in my opinion. I learned that lesson the hard way at the World Black Bass Championships. Lost a 8lber to a snapped drop shot Gama hook. 

I know how you feel about that.  I’ve tried Decoy hooks and found them to be extremely good.  The only reason I still use Gammy is because they don’t make long trips with me.  The first big fish is the last and I always check them after any fish under 2 lbs.  I lost a NJ bass that would have been in the 8lb range but the hook point rolled when I set the hook in a frog bait.  

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Gaijin
(@gaijin)
Slot Fish Admin

@rise there is definitely a difference. At the same time we tend to gravitate towards what’s available. I used Gama for a long time, but we live and we learn.

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Gaijin
(@gaijin)
Slot Fish Admin

@blitzdr it was a brand new hook freshly tied on. Lol Gama is nice in terms of availability but Decoy definitely stands above the rest.

BlitzDR reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@rise there is definitely a difference. At the same time we tend to gravitate towards what’s available. I used Gama for a long time, but we live and we learn.

Agreed 👊🏼💥

Gaijin reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer

Just a heads up on the Decoy hooks, been using the Decoy Big Bite Finesse Worm20 hooks for O.S.P DoLive Stick and Stick Fat, a chahm!  Thanks

Gaijin reacted
ReplyQuote
Gaijin
(@gaijin)
Slot Fish Admin

@blitzdr awesome! Glad they are keeping them pinned!

BlitzDR reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: