Gamakatsu Luxxe Efreet B76XH-R

5 Posts
3 Users
10 Reactions
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

I spent a little over two hours pounding 1-1.5 oz lures with my just arrived Efreet B76XH-R today...it it an incredibly impressive rod, and weights in at roughly 128 grams, or ~ 4.515 oz for a rod rated from 1/2 - 4 oz!  This rod paired with my OG Z2020H from 2010 balanced less than an inch to the front of the locking nut.  It was surprisingly balanced and light overall for such a powerful combo.  AND, it is very sensitive for being an XH Regular action!

I was spooled up with 15lb CXX and was able to manhandle the blustery wind today on Percy Priest lake, punching through it with both a 3/4 and 1 oz DW Strike King Bottom Dweller, easily power casting a full sized Buzzjet, handling both the 110 and 130 Whopper Ploppers with ease, distance casting a full sized Super Spook, and still having enough touch to toss a 4.75" Fat Impact on a1/4 oz 5/0 Gamakatsu beast hook with a small belly willow blade.

As well, I feel that this rod would also work for heavier jigs and Carolina Rigs, ARigs and Big Flutter spoons, along with the obvious candidates like the Burrito, glides, swimbaits up to the 4 oz rating.  I don't think I would want to power overhand cast anything over 3 oz, but proper underhand casts should be no issue with 3-4 oz.

Looking forward to getting into some heavy presentation power bites with this rod and being able to really manhandle powerful fish in high waters and heavy current as well.

A couple pics of the Power Trio that I took out with me today.

IMG 20230829 184019451 HDR
IMG 20230829 184000467 HDR

Goldrod, Gaijin and BlitzDR reacted
ReplyQuote
Gaijin
(@gaijin)
Slot Fish Admin

Sick trio. Gotta love a rod that is able to cover a range but also excels where it needs to. 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

@gaijin 

Yessir, and so light is the other key.  The other major plus is that the Efreet are M.I.J., and have exceptional fit and finish, although this lineup may be considered a bit spartan and plain for many that are fans of the Oltre lineup. The only shortcoming with longer powerful rods with guides built on top, is blank twist under heavy bottom pulling load.

IMO, there is no substitute for a proper spiral wrap whether it is a light power or XXH...it reduces blank twist while eliminating the need for additional "X/Cross/45 bias" carbon wraps.  Granted anti-blank twist/torque wraps + spiral/acid wrap would be the ultimate.

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

This 21" 4.25 literally cleared her entire body out of the water to eat my full size Buzzjet! When this bass came out of the water I literally thought it was a grass carp or striper clearing the water...lol...freaked me out a bit.

On the Efreet B76XH-R and Z2020H and 17lb Sunline Night FC fluoro.

IMG 20230907 091018005 HDR
IMG 20230907 093149509 HDR
IMG 20230907 091011072
IMG 20230907 093701478 HDR

Gaijin, BlitzDR and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Acrobatic leaps are always a blast. That’s good stuff, man.

dragon1 and BlitzDR reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: