Evergreen The Stallion RS Limited

15 Posts
3 Users
13 Likes
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer
Topic starter  

so i dont know what i bought and I am just wanting to know if someone else has this rod  cause its on the way. Thanks in advance. 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

I’ve owned it and sold it as I prefer the Stallion DG for its versatility/slightly more agressive taper and the “crispness” of the blank. The RS/T1100G blanks are a tad bit on yhe softer side vs the TKIC variants. That rod should serve you well for treble baits, topwater, jerks, etc. At least that’s where it called out to be used in my hands. 

dragon1 and pkn8 reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer
Topic starter  

@rise i was hoping for megabass popmax and maybe propbaits of the 1/2 oz 

i was thinking the stallion GT but I took a gamble and got the RS .  Thanks for the heads up 

i will put it through the lilypads and see how I like it.. 

how was the power of the rod as you remember ? 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Aquaftm
(@aquaftm)
Limit Filler Customer

Posted by: @goldrod

so i dont know what i bought and I am just wanting to know if someone else has this rod  cause its on the way. Thanks in advance. 

I've got this rod. Bought it primarily as a versitile rod for pond fishing and hitting the canals in FL. I am litterally the worst at describing rods, but I'll give it my best shot. I'd call this rod on the light side of MH, with what I would consider a multi-stage blank. Feels crisp under moderate load, then opens up when fighting a fish. I think I had this rod on the boat the day we went fishing. All of rods in the RS lineups are spectuacular rods, this is one I would take if I wanted to cover alot of bases. You might find that it fits a certain technique for you, the popmax and prop bait might fit the bill. It's the right length and has a good grip length to work them. Sad thing is I was just getting ready to post this for sale, mine is in 9.8/10 condition. Consolidating my bass arsenal, while going batshit on my mountain stream arsenal. 

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

PopMax are very much in its wheelhouse. Power is closer to true MH, which is nice as they (EG) usually tend to over rate power.

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer
Topic starter  

Thanks all.. 

i have been hesitant to buy another megabass rod but the madbull has gotten me curious at times. still.. i just paid for this rod and it hasnt shipped yet.. i have a steez A II waiting for it.. Im exhausted from ordering stuff today.. 

theres nothing really from the domestic market that interest me so im in a rod funk.. 

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@goldrod being exhausted from ordering Fishing Tackle is a problem I’d like to have all day every day…good times.

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer
Topic starter  
IMG 0650
IMG 0649
IMG 0651
IMG 0648
IMG 0652
IMG 0653
IMG 0658
IMG 0657
IMG 0655
IMG 0654
IMG 0656

ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer
Topic starter  

I got the Stallion in and i have taken it out just to see how i would like it.. if you are on the fence, I hope this will be helpful in making a decision. The rods I have for comparison are the EG Cougar elite 7 RS and the Shimano 6'10 med expride gen 1 and shimano poison glorious 6'10m

EG to EG, the difference is the cougar is more similar to my custom made jerkbait rod and it is a vision 110 type rod whereas the stallion is more of a Lucky Craft pointer 100. What makes the stallion differ from most rods is its versatility, you can use a Vision 110 with lighter line and a reel with a really smoothe drag so that you don't open the hooks. I gave this plenty of thought and just how to word it so, the difference between the stallion and the Poison Glorious is the Stallion is noticeably softer in TAPER, it does not lack power. I flipped on of those fish in the photos with no effort. 

Make no mistake about it, IMHO the stallion is a reaction bait rod, S/b, topwater, and a wide range of hard jerkbaits from 1/4 to 5/8 for sure with the right line size. In the photo I had a steez A II on it with a ZPI PG spool but I have now gone to a different reel and same spool. I think that the Pixy Type R is a great reel on it as well. 

I did use Raid Japan Level minnow in YOFUKASHI, ( I know !!) but as much as I want to say about the rod I have to say about this lure.. you will LOVE it.. super sharp hooks and transfer system. this particular color is hard to describe but just buy one and you will see. I will be buying more

I did get in some megabass 110 max LBO ( One in picture ) in some awesome colors, more to come  

Back to the rod, it was my first outing but one thing is for sure, the sensitivity is as you would expect. In the photos above, i caught fish of all sizes but a great distance away from me and i could tell not only the difference from grass and fish, but what the lure was doing all the time. I have some 12lb test coming in and plan on using that size line for this rod. If I was to do it all over again with the knowledge i have now, I would still buy the rod but I would be MOST inclined to buy it over the cougar as its more versatile and If I had to just use some sort of soft plastic bait I would probably use a light briad to floro leader free rig. 

I can see this rod as a spinnerbait rod for target s/b fishing or just bringing a wake bait through the pads. Now I wish I had of brought the evergreen X-over with me.. it seems to be just perfect for that bait. Needless to say, these are my first impressions and i will continue to post as I use the rod. I am pleased with the purchase and the distance that fish hit the lure and came up to the surface told me that they hit it a ways out so your sticking them with ease.

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer
Topic starter  

duo realis 110sp  lure was used today as well 

ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@goldrod outstanding writeup, sir. Glad you’re liking it! 👍🏼👍🏼

ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer
Topic starter  
IMG 0668

It’s exactly what I was looking for in a popmax rod 

ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer
Topic starter  
IMG 0667
IMG 0669

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer
Topic starter  
IMG 0670

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@goldrod yup….money in that range of baits. Awesome combo.

ReplyQuote
Share: