11 Posts
4 Users
13 Reactions
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

RAID Japan "Diffuser", RAID Japan "King Heavy", Daiwa Steez "Stratofortress"

1.  I like the "Diffuser" BUT haven't brought one over the gunnel yet.  It may also be the one for O.S.P. maximum cranks.  It's got a crankin' rod feel, more parabolic.

2.  The "King Heavy" has a few fish under it's belt.

3.  The Daiwa "Stratofortress".  Has the widest lure weight and line weight range BUT if it doesn't do well as a frog rod, it's gonna be up for sale.  The length, @ 6'8" don't cut it for me as a distance casting rod.

RISE, dragon1, Good Times and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

6’8” is also a great close quarter pitchin length as well as target casting stick, IMO. Don’t give up on it just yet if it doesn’t wow you for frog duties. It could very well be part of a magic equation for something else. Let’s revisit this after you spend some time froggin with it and have a better view of characteristics it has under load, etc. 🤙🏼

BlitzDR reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Posted by: @rise

6’8” is also a great close quarter pitchin length as well as target casting stick, IMO. Don’t give up on it just yet if it doesn’t wow you for frog duties. It could very well be part of a magic equation for something else. Let’s revisit this after you spend some time froggin with it and have a better view of characteristics it has under load, etc. 🤙🏼

That's the problem, my primary lake has very little shoreline cover.  It's like extremely shallow then drops off into 10', 20', 30', 40' depth.  Also quite clear, not gin clear but not much color.  The lake was impounded in 1981, so much of the shoreline forest is young, as trees go.

That's just scratching the surface.  I would say the bottom composition is clay, not sand, rock or soil and I don't think it's very fertile.

More to follow

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@blitzdr any docks?

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Posted by: @rise

@blitzdr any docks?

Very few at this point.  I would say less than 50 on a 1000 acre lake.  I'll be hitting the lake at the end of the week, I'll take a few pix.

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Used the "Diffuser" for the O.S.P. Magnum Blitz EX-DR - Did not pass!  It DID PASS with the Blitz Max DR.  It may be the summer/fall deep crankin' rod.  Have a 20'-40' depth water.

Any rod that can pull double duty or more is a plus.

dragon1 and saoulons reacted
ReplyQuote
saoulons
(@saoulons)
Limit Filler Customer

What didn’t you like about the Diffuser? It’s a pretty big rod… Was the taper not what you expected or was it too soft / stiff for that size crank? Other?

I know the magnum is a big crank (a bit under 2 oz) vs 5/8 oz for the max, iirc. Thank you for these insights, there isn’t too much info out there on these rods.

ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Posted by: @saoulons

What didn’t you like about the Diffuser? It’s a pretty big rod… Was the taper not what you expected or was it too soft / stiff for that size crank? Other?

I know the magnum is a big crank (a bit under 2 oz) vs 5/8 oz for the max, iirc. Thank you for these insights, there isn’t too much info out there on these rods.

No problem with the rod at all.  It's the bait.  My "fishin' hole" has depths to 45'.  I've tried quite a few rods, none with much success.

ReplyQuote
saoulons
(@saoulons)
Limit Filler Customer

@blitzdr Ah, ok!

ReplyQuote
Goldrod
(@goldrod)
Slaunch Customer

late to the party but a few couple some questions for you. 

Do you think the diffuser would be a good Chatterbait rod? 

what techniques did you use for the king heavy and is it heavy in your hand or does it balance well? Is it heavy with the balancing or could the balancing be better? Some rod are good at hiding their heaviness so that is why I am asking

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Posted by: @goldrod

late to the party but a few couple some questions for you. 

Do you think the diffuser would be a good Chatterbait rod? 

what techniques did you use for the king heavy and is it heavy in your hand or does it balance well? Is it heavy with the balancing or could the balancing be better? Some rod are good at hiding their heaviness so that is why I am asking

I have found the Diffuser excellent for:

Blitz Max DR

Blitz Ex Dr

RAID Japan Osakana Slide 170

RAID Swimmer 125

RAID G i

RAID G-Dash

King Heavy

RAID Swimmer 125

RAID G i

RAID G-Dash

RAID Goriller

The Diffuser ALMOST has a soft fiberglass quality on cast and retrieve.  King Heavy has a firmer backbone

Gaijin reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: