Unique BFS and Mag Finesse combos

6 Posts
3 Users
9 Reactions
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

There are nearly endless combos and aftermarket spools, bearings, tech specific lines that would fulfill...list yours please!

Here's a few crazy versatile mag-finesse+ sleepers for me.

Gekkabijin + Rays deep BFS SV spool + 40lb YGK X8 Upgrade/10lb Polyflex leader + custom Vinnie Lamiglas Infinity 873 --> anything from 1/8 oz beetle spins to 1/4 - 1/2 oz topwaters, 1/4 - 3/8 cranks, 3/8-3/4 lipless, 1/4-3/8 Swimjigs and 3.3" - 3.8" swimbaits ...does it all and casts far with minimal effort, and provides smooth power, and control.

Ian tuned & polished Steez Limited SV 105/(7.9 Steez EX brass gears and drag washer stack/carbontex) Evergreen Tactics Super Nova glass cranking rod + Rays BFS spool + 16lb YGK SS112 + 10lb Polyflex leader.  Anything with trebles from 1/4-1/2, mostly shallow to mid depth cranks and lipless, also great for poppers 1/4-3/8 (not walking, just classic popping/blooping).  I also like tossing 1/4 - 3/8 inlines and 1/8-1/4 beetle spins.

Tuned and modded Scorpion 1000XT/Brenious 7.7 brass gears/Carbontex + Yamaga Blanks Blue Current III 82B + 20lb X9 + 10lb Polyflex leader. Love this combo for distance casting Lipless and open water combing with 1/8 - 1/4 oz cranks...the length allows for great line control on moving water to guide the bait downstream in between rock/snags/structure.  I also like 1/8 ball head + 2.8 -3.3 swimbaits.  If you chase trout and white bass in open water, this combo also bombs 1/4-1/2 oz spoons.  If I want to go lighter, I have an Avail ALD0918 BFS spool for it as well.

Just a few non-traditional mag-finesse combos that cross over well into BFS and even ML-M techs.

RISE, Gaijin, Good Times and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Gaijin
(@gaijin)
Slot Fish Admin

can we see some pics? lol I like to see what we are talking about or else I get lost in the words. 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@GoodTimes is gonna be lit up on this post, just watch…🤣

This is good stuff, brother. Agreed, the possibilities are endless and there are so many great variables to try out. This is one only my favorite realms of bass fishing…”power finesse”. I’ll list a few off the top of my head, as I’ve got a pretty thick arsenal of gear tuned/built for this arena. 

The 7’2” ML rated Cristobal Ltd/Zonda 68/Honeycomb spool is a true star. Dropshot 1/8 to 1-4oz/4-6 inch straight tail, Wacky 1/16 plus worm, Neko 1/32-1/16 Nail and Daiwa Neko or Flick Shake, Ned 1/10th plus Robo Ned, Zman Ned or 3” Dolive Beaver. 

Tiemco Fenwick TPMX 610 ML. Beautiful fast tip that can handle everything from finesse jigs to some lipless duties. Sensitivity is outstanding, balance and reel seat comfort are on point in my hands. Usually paired up with an ISA/T3 Air spool or Alphas Air stream/tuned Pixy Black spool. ISA if I’ll be skipping/pitching on 7-8lb sniper and Air stream if distance casting is needed with 10lb line. This combo is very capable of handling some topwater as well. 1/4oz poppers and will turn around and skip 3/32 weighted wacky hook and 6” straight tails under overhangs, with ease and control. 

RAID Technix Bounty Killer (one-off) AGS Proto/Pixzilla Silver mica/I’ze Factory PX68 finesse spool. This combo just puts a smile on my face. Small jerks, topwater, nekos 1/8-1/4 total weights. 8-10 lb. Sniper. 

Designo C67MLRST3S Ltd Level 7 blank/Steez CT 1/8 oz T rigs, 3/16 Gika 3” craw all day…

Designo C68MRST3s…yes…rated Medium, but should be a ML+, IMO. Built with a VERY usable 1/8 oz lower end rating. This rod came through in a big way, up north chasing smallies on the Columbia River, tossing square bills in current. As a bonus…Hooked into and boatside released a 12-14lb carp as well. While this rod was seriously put to the test with that fish, it got it to the boat, where we realized it had been tail-hooked, which had made for an even more intense battle. This stick proved itself incredibly capable and versatile. 

I’ll add more as I think of em. 

Just a note/in case we all don’t know: Be sure to add some tags to these posts, as they really help direct people whom are looking/searching on line for info such as this we are sharing locate it. This is valuable data in my eyes, so directing them to these threads is what the “tags” do and will really help others find it. 🙏🏼🤙🏼

IMG 9101
IMG 9104
IMG 8997
IMG 9071
IMG 9008
IMG 9003
IMG 8815
IMG 8836

dragon1 and Gaijin reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

Hey Greg, is this what you mean for hashtags?  Just in the body of the post?

#bfs #magfinesse #powerfinesse #lamiglas #Evergreenrods #DaiwaSteez #ShimanoScorpion #DaiwaGekkabijin 

I'll get some better pics with natural light in the outdoors as well as I'm not set up for indoor studio quality lighting...lol.

IMG 20231218 202544078
IMG 20231218 202552366 HDR
IMG 20231218 202459039 HDR
IMG 20231218 202440276 HDR
IMG 20231217 115518152 HDR
IMG 20231217 115458418 HDR
IMG 20231217 115534236 HDR

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

Posted by: @rise

@GoodTimes is gonna be lit up on this post, just watch…🤣

This is good stuff, brother. Agreed, the possibilities are endless and there are so many great variables to try out. This is one only my favorite realms of bass fishing…”power finesse”. I’ll list a few off the top of my head, as I’ve got a pretty thick arsenal of gear tuned/built for this arena. 

The 7’2” ML rated Cristobal Ltd/Zonda 68/Honeycomb spool is a true star. Dropshot 1/8 to 1-4oz/4-6 inch straight tail, Wacky 1/16 plus worm, Neko 1/32-1/16 Nail and Daiwa Neko or Flick Shake, Ned 1/10th plus Robo Ned, Zman Ned or 3” Dolive Beaver. 

Tiemco Fenwick TPMX 610 ML. Beautiful fast tip that can handle everything from finesse jigs to some lipless duties. Sensitivity is outstanding, balance and reel seat comfort are on point in my hands. Usually paired up with an ISA/T3 Air spool or Alphas Air stream/tuned Pixy Black spool. ISA if I’ll be skipping/pitching on 7-8lb sniper and Air stream if distance casting is needed with 10lb line. This combo is very capable of handling some topwater as well. 1/4oz poppers and will turn around and skip 3/32 weighted wacky hook and 6” straight tails under overhangs, with ease and control. 

RAID Technix Bounty Killer (one-off) AGS Proto/Pixzilla Silver mica/I’ze Factory PX68 finesse spool. This combo just puts a smile on my face. Small jerks, topwater, nekos 1/8-1/4 total weights. 8-10 lb. Sniper. 

Designo C67MLRST3S Ltd Level 7 blank/Steez CT 1/8 oz T rigs, 3/16 Gika 3” craw all day…

Designo C68MRST3s…yes…rated Medium, but should be a ML+, IMO. Built with a VERY usable 1/8 oz lower end rating. This rod came through in a big way, up north chasing smallies on the Columbia River, tossing square bills in current. As a bonus…Hooked into and boatside released a 12-14lb carp as well. While this rod was seriously put to the test with that fish, it got it to the boat, where we realized it had been tail-hooked, which had made for an even more intense battle. This stick proved itself incredibly capable and versatile. 

I’ll add more as I think of em. 

Just a note/in case we all don’t know: Be sure to add some tags to these posts, as they really help direct people whom are looking/searching on line for info such as this we are sharing locate it. This is valuable data in my eyes, so directing them to these threads is what the “tags” do and will really help others find it. 🙏🏼🤙🏼

-- attachment is not available --

Bro, I never tire of gawking at your gear and truly appreciating your passion and excellence in contributing to the enthusiast fishing genre.

SALUTE!

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@dragon1 when I mentioned adding “tags”… there’s a spot below the Text window when you’re creating a post that allows you to add “topic tags”. (See the attached picture) You can simply type in keywords and separate them with commas. That will optimize for google, and other search images. That way, when people search for obscure brands or some of the Tackle, we are posting about it will direct them to the site/threads that we have created. Helps greatly. 🤙🏼

IMG 5516

ReplyQuote
Share: