T3 Air spool vs SS Air spool

7 Posts
4 Users
3 Reactions
Blksheepfishing
(@blksheepfishing)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

What do you folks know about these 2 spools when comparing them side by side? They seem to be the same weight, same configuration, and same line capacity. If you had to pick one to install in your BFS reel which one would you pick?

ReplyQuote
ShieldsReelTuning
(@shieldsreeltuning)
Fry Customer

been a while since i have looked at either of them, but the SS air used to be cheaper than the T3 Air, so that would be my choice. 

ReplyQuote
Blksheepfishing
(@blksheepfishing)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

@shieldsreeltuning Currently looking to see if the 21 Alphas Air spool will fit the 2016 Alphas Air reel. The diameters are the same...just looking at other dimensions. The line capacity of the 21 Alphas Air spool is quite a bit more than the 2016.....could be a future change to my 2016 reel.

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Posted by: @shieldsreeltuning

been a while since i have looked at either of them, but the SS air used to be cheaper than the T3 Air, so that would be my choice. 

The masta has spoken..... Cool  

Good to see you here, brotha.

ReplyQuote
ZillyWabbit
(@zillywabbit)
Fingerling Customer

@blksheepfishing the 21 Alphas air spool is narrower and won’t fit without a gear/ pinion swap and spacers.

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Blksheepfishing
(@blksheepfishing)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

@zillywabbit Oh…..appreciate the information. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Blksheepfishing
(@blksheepfishing)
Limit Filler Customer
Topic starter  

@shieldsreeltuning This initial spool question was to try to find a deeper spool for my 16 Alphas Air 7.2 reel. I have received a lot of responses which have been very helpful in my decision making. However, after all these replies, it seems as if there are no deeper spool options for my reel. Unless you maybe aware of a super special tuned modified process......

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: