Crawler bait recommendations

6 Posts
4 Users
10 Reactions
BlitzDR
(@blitzdr)
Chunky Monkey Customer
Topic starter  

Beside the old style Jitterbug, what are some JDM models, thanks!

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
ZillyWabbit
(@zillywabbit)
Fingerling Customer

If you’re looking on the smaller size, the Megabass grand siglett at 1/4oz has been a great bait for me. Some people don’t like the stock hooks and replace them with katsuage outbarb hooks, but I haven’t had any issues. If you’re a finesse fisher, they make two sizes that are even smaller. 

dragon1, RISE and BlitzDR reacted
ReplyQuote
Harshwaters
(@harshwaters)
Fry Customer

My favorite is the Monka Lure Works FP or FPJ. Well built and have a great sound. They do need tuning frequently though. $122 shipped if ordered direct from Monka thru Instagram. You can also find them on ebay. Another great option is the Raid Japan Dodge or Deka Dodge . The Hook up Tackle has them in stock. The FXXX Alien Head speed crawler is a crawlerbait meant to be fished fast. Reminds me of buzzbait fishing. The smallies could not resist it last season. The FXXX can be purchased on this website. There is a ton of different makers but these are my favorite three. 

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

I second Monka’s FP and FPJ as great baits, but the Kurouto Battlewing is an absolute beast, as is the smaller Monster. Durability, sound and action are all top notch. 

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Harshwaters
(@harshwaters)
Fry Customer

I was worried about the Battlewing durability thats why i never bought one. Heard a couple stories about them breaking. True or not i don't know. Older Gen. perhaps. I do know they catch Giants. Maybe i need to add one to the arsenal and find out for myself. I have fished the Monster but didn't care for the sound. Nice action though.

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@harshwaters, yes…older Gens were less durable.  Kenji has revised them several times since. MUCH better, now.

dragon1 and Harshwaters reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: