Gekkabijin and Yellow Magic in action

7 Posts
4 Users
10 Reactions
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

It's been extremely hot here the last couple of weeks and the water is low in the Stones right now...gotta place baits precisely and move them quick in any current/rapids you can find in order to get a reaction.

This feisty 13.5" smallie launched several times out of the skinny water and put up a fun fight.  Rod is a Tiemco Golden Wing 6'10" LP+J, 8lb Sunline Xplasma Asegai + 8lb CXX leader + 1/4 oz Yellow Magic popper in Tennessee shad.

IMG 20230823 085443506 HDR
IMG 20230823 085447077
IMG 20230823 085437679
IMG 20230823 085409594 HDR

BlitzDR and Good Times reacted
ReplyQuote
Good Times
(@one-love)
Slot Fish

Very cool

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
saoulons
(@saoulons)
Limit Filler Customer

Very cool, thanks for sharing! I am always amazed at those smallies, they have no quit, even in hot weather and on topwater nonetheless!

Nice combo too, btw. What reel is this?

RISE and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

@saoulons 

It's a stock Daiwa Gekkabijin LH.

Smallies are a blast whether I'm catching them at ice out in open pockets between frozen water with a metal blade baits, or on a fast moving bait in really hot weather.

Trust me you, when the water is higher and moving faster with more oxygen, these smallies are even more aggressive...also, water this skinny and warm (lacking O2) also usually won't house/draw larger smallies either.

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
saoulons
(@saoulons)
Limit Filler Customer

Very cool, thank you! I had missed it in the title of the post, was just looking at the description.

And yes, smallies rule. I can only dream of these bags being caught on the St-Lawrence River right now.. 28 lbs for 5 fish is just insane.

dragon1 and RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Outstanding as always. 🦾

dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
dragon1
(@dragon1)
Slaunch
Topic starter  

@rise 

Thanks Bruddah!  I'm gonna have to figure out more areas to take my yak to access larger fish in more secluded areas.

ReplyQuote
Share: