8 Posts
4 Users
10 Reactions
Gswimbait
(@gswimbait)
Limit Filler
Topic starter  

Will Spincast reels make a comeback?

Katsutaka Imae's Lure News Club R "Amazing Encounters in the | 48th Year of Bass Fishing History! General fishing news site "LureNewsR"

These suckers are not cheap, retailing at $550. They present a specific advantage when pitching and flipping small plastics. Could we start seeing a new high end Spincast Reel hit the market in the future? imagine what they could improve with this classic design...

"The things you own, end up owning you." -

ReplyQuote
Good Times
(@one-love)
Slot Fish

I've long suspected it was only a matter of time. It's the only untapped top end market available and from manufacturer visibility standpoint could sway vast amounts of anglers. While I rarely see it mentioned, I know portions of the USA use these things often. And I would assume many other Countries as well. The design is for sale pretty much everywhere you look. So, who says some won't drop coin on elite level Spincast or Underspin? We do with everything else, so it only makes sense. Even myself, my very very first time fishing now back over 45 years was Spincast in hand. Many don't take them seriously, though there is no reason not to.

RISE and Gswimbait reacted
ReplyQuote
Gswimbait
(@gswimbait)
Limit Filler
Topic starter  

@one-love    Absolutely,  With better drags, added bearings and some fine tuning of the physics, you could make a Spincast into something pretty amazing, and i dont think it would be very hard to do either.  With the emergence of high end PE lines, It makes this a new market option.

Good Times reacted
ReplyQuote
Like Fisher
(@thomasjung)
Record Breaker

Posted by: @gswimbait

Will Spincast reels make a comeback?

Katsutaka Imae's Lure News Club R "Amazing Encounters in the | 48th Year of Bass Fishing History! General fishing news site "LureNewsR"

These suckers are not cheap, retailing at $550. They present a specific advantage when pitching and flipping small plastics. Could we start seeing a new high end Spincast Reel hit the market in the future? imagine what they could improve with this classic design...

Is Imae collaborating with Try-Angle? Their spincast reel looks similar to this one.

RISE and Gswimbait reacted
ReplyQuote
Gswimbait
(@gswimbait)
Limit Filler
Topic starter  

@thomasjung   I dont believe he is. But with his agreement up at Abu, and his new agreement with Genius.  It might be.. 

I'd like to see Genius put out a high end spincast 😧  That would be wild.

RISE reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

Well shit....you can count me in, just for the shear nostalgia factor. I'm going to imagine it'll fish/feel much like the Opus 1 in that it wont feel refined, yet connected and somewhat robust in quality. Very cool stuff, IMO.

Gswimbait reacted
ReplyQuote
Gswimbait
(@gswimbait)
Limit Filler
Topic starter  

Imae gives us his review of the Tu-01

Katsutaka Imae's Lure News Club R "I Tried Using Rumor Underspin TU-01" Vol.1091 | General fishing news site "LureNewsR"

One of the interesting concepts I gathered from his article is how effective the spincast is for sling shotting small baits into tight spots. The mechanical nature of an Under Spin makes it easier to do this than with a small spinning reel. This is a HUGE advantage in my opinion. I really do see an open market for a beefed up and tech improved version of this reel. The question is will it stay in japan? or will this concept move to the states? and which company is going to produce one?  Hopefully somebody else is watching.

RISE, Like Fisher and dragon1 reacted
ReplyQuote
RISE
 RISE
(@rise)
Double Digit Admin

@gswimbait so cool...I still need one...or three... Smile

ReplyQuote
Share: